Confederated Tribes of the Colville Reservation
Human Resources Office P.O.Box 150 Nespelem, WA 99155
(800) 506-9434 (509) 634-2845 Fax (509) 634-2864 www.colvilletribes.com
POSITION: Accountant, will consider Accountant Associate
SALARY: $34,257.60 - $37,752.00 annually, less one step during probation
REPORTS TO: Camille Pleasants, History/Archaeology Program Manager
LOCATION: Nespelem, Washington
BASIC FUNCTIONS: Incumbent will be responsible for maintaining fiscal and accounting documents, recording, classifying and
summarizing, money transactions and events as they pertain to History/Archaeology Program. Duties include, performing
computations, reconciliations and adjustments; internal audits and posting financial statistical and other numerical data for the
purpose of maintaining accounts, budgets, purchasing, and payroll records and reports. In addition incumbent will work as a
team member, prepare, process, administer and maintain tribal, federal and state contracts, grants, sub-contracts and reports.
May provide administrative and clerical support to the History/Archeology staff to expedite the workflow of the office as needed.
Position is federally funded with no guarantee of continuous employment should funding cease.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (Education and Training):
Bachelor of Arts or Science in accounting, finance, business, economics or other related field from an accredited college or
Associate’s Degree with emphasis in accounting, business, or economics from an accredited junior college.
RECRUITING INDICATORS (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities):
• Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) methods, practices and terminology.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in written format.
• Ability to maintain effective working relationships with clients, co-workers, superiors, other Tribal personnel.
• Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in written format to customers and co-workers.
• Must have ability to work with high level of independence to accomplish objectives of the program.
• Must be proficient in the use of computers and associated software, e.g. QuickBooks, MSWord, Excel, & AS400 etc.
• Knowledge of effective and efficient business management principles and practices.
• Must be able to read and prepare financial reports.
These requirements are in addition to those of the Associate Accountant level.
• Must be familiar with the Tribes’ accounting and purchasing policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of financial records, bookkeeping, reports, office practices, training, supervisory principles & techniques.
• Must be able to recognize and solve difficult complex accounting and business problems.
• Must be able to provide sound advice and recommendations relative to financial and business matters.
• Must be able to monitor 15 or more tribal, federal and state accounts in one fiscal year.
• Ability to maintain accounting records at the program level including a contract monitoring file system.
• Ability to gather and interpret data for the preparation of the Indirect Cost Proposal.
• Ability to prepare monthly fund specific, consolidated financial reports and assist in the preparation for the annual audit.
• Must have strong organizational and administrative skills.
• Manual and finger dexterity required as performing the daily functions of the position.
• Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time as required by the position.
Accountant, will consider Accountant Associate, continued Page TWO
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: Continued
• Must possess and maintain a valid State Driver’s License and be eligible for the Tribes’ vehicle insurance.
• Must be familiar with reservation lifestyles and culture as it related to clients served.
• Must possess the ability to maintain STRICT confidentiality standards.
• Must complete Accounting test. TEST MUST BE COMPLETED, BY CLOSING DATE. This will be used during evaluation to
determine which level an applicant qualifies for and will not be used as an eliminating factor.
• Past work performance must reflect better-than-average attendance.
• Must be comfortable in the presence of human remains.
TRIBAL MEMBER AND INDIAN PREFERENCE WILL APPLY; PREFERENCE WILL ALSO BE GIVEN TO HONORABLY
DISCHARGED VETERANS WHO ARE MINIMALLY QUALIFIED WITHIN EACH INDIAN PREFERENCE CODE.
CLOSING DATE: Applications/Resume’ must be submitted in the Human Resource Office by 4:00 p.m. Friday, September 14,
2007, or be postmarked by that date.
INFORMATION: Confederated Tribes of the Colville Reservation
Human Resources Office
P. O. Box 150
Nespelem, WA 99155