2009 Waller County Fair Parade Rules
1. The Fair Parade will be held on Saturday, September 25, 2009 at 9:00 am.
2. No parking will be allowed on the street of the parade or in the school parking lots on
3. Parade entries should be in place on the Bellville Highway (159) by 8:00 am, Saturday
September 25, 2009. Participant numbers should be picked up in front of the
Hempstead Football Field on 159. Numbers should be visibly placed on the right side of
4. All participants will stay in their designated places until authorized to advance by a
parade committee member.
5. Federal, state, county and city officials and Waller County Fair Board directors may
ride in antique or decorated cars.
6. Speed of the entries in the parade and control of traffic will be under the directions
of the Waller County Sheriff, the Waller County Sheriff’s Department and the Chief
of Police of Hempstead.
7. Parade entries will need to pace themselves. Please drive very slowly, watching the
entry in front and behind you.
8. Identification or Sponsor must be on both sides of the entry.
9. NO THROWING OF CANDY, GUM, PAPER, etc. by parade entries will be allowed.
Participants who violate the rule will be subject to fines by local authorities.
10. Riders may leave any time after the float has been parked.
11. If you have a horse entry bring coggins test to check in.
12. The parade chairman, the parade committee, and the Waller County Fair Association
reserve the right to refuse to accept any entry.
13. If an accident occurs, The Waller County Fair Association, and the individuals on the
Fair Parade Committee will not be held responsible.
14. Entries can be submitted to Raenell Franz, Chairman, by mail @ 31525 Shiloh Road,
Waller, Texas 77484, or by email @ email@example.com. If you have any
questions please call 281-779-6054.
WALLER COUNTY FAIR PARADE
We cordially invite you to join us in the 2009 Waller County Fair Parade to be held
on Saturday, September 25, 2009 at 9:00am in Hempstead, Texas. The selected
theme for this year’s parade is “Western”.
Your entry numbers will be assigned and distributed Saturday from 7am to the
start of the parade. Early entries are welcomed and preferred, as last minute
entries are also welcomed. Please display the entry number on the right side of
your entry to assist the judges in judging your entry. All parade Awards will be
announced at the Opening Ceramonies September 25th under the big tent on the
Waller County fair Grounds. ***PLEASE SEE ENCLOSED PARADE RULES***
Return Completed Form to: Raenell Franz
31525 Shiloh Road
Waller, Texas 77484
Or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions please feel free to email or call me at 281-779-6054.
Name of Organization: ____________________________________________
Address: ______________________________ Email: __________________
Contact Person: _________________________ Phone: _________________
Type of Entry: FLOAT MISC/WALKING UNIT ANTIQUE CAR
BAND HORSE CLUB/RIDING GRP CLASSIC CAR
(Circle One) GENERAL COMMERCIAL NON-PROFIT
Overall Length of Entry (feet): ______________________________________
Music on your entry: Yes or No