HOW TO UPLOAD A FILE AND PUT A LINK TO IT
ON YOUR WEB PAGE
TO UPLOAD A PDF FILE:
Remember all files for all users are stored in the same location. Be sure your file name is unique.
Other people may also have a file called newsletter.pdf; but they won’t have a file called
XXXnewsletter.pdf (where XXX is an abbreviation of your schoolname or your initials).
1. Click on the icon by the Filename field.
2. The UPLOAD NEW FILE window will
3. Click the Browse button and
navigate to the location of your
4. If you are updating a file that
has already been uploaded (i.e.
your current month’s newsletter
file) click the “Overwrite existing
5. Click the Upload button.
6. Go back and clear the
filename out of the Attach A
PDF file Filename: field or it will
put an extra link on your page.
TO LINK TO YOUR PDF FILE:
1. In the main edit window, type in
the text for the link, such as “How
to Enter a News Item”.
2. Highlight that text and click on
the Link button.
3. The Link Inspector window will
appear below the edit window.
4. Type the following into the
5. Click back into the main
edit window. Your link will not
work if you forget this little
step. It tells the system you’re
finished with your link.
6. Submit your page, if you’re
through making changes.