Chapter 16 Section 2 Questions
Please answer these questions in complete sentences. If you type your answers you can get 10pts
of extra credit.
1. How is propaganda used to promote the interests of a government?
2. Describe the trench which spanned the Western front.
3. What constituted the Eastern front?
4. Why might one consider the Italian forces either despicable or war savvy?
5. Why were the military leaders of both the Alliance and the Entente’ “baffled” by the
limitations of trench warfare?
6. Why was the phrase great slaughter appropriate when describing the time period between
7. Name three specific changes in the application of aircraft to WWI.
8. Why was unrestricted or restricted submarine warfare such an important issue?
9. What is the definition of the phrase total warfare?
10. Why were planned economies required?
11. Describe the new roles for women of WWI.
12. In your opinion, how could WWI have been avoided???