Bone Morphogenic Proteins: Future Therapeutic Applications
Stimulating the human body to generate and repair bone, reliably and quickly has been one of the greatest challenges of orthopedic research. Traditional procedures like bone grafting techniques do not always result in successful bone fusion. Innovations in this field have revealed that a genetically produced protein (Bone Morphogenic Protein (BMP)) has the ability to stimulate patient's own cells to generate bone. These proteins hold many advantages in the treatment of bone fractures and bone defects. Currently, two of these proteins BMP-2 and BMP-7, are approved for clinical use in non-union, tibial fractures and spinal fusion procedures. Extensive researches on BMPs promise new and distinct clinical applications in the future. Percutaneous injections are at present the focal point of research for the applications of BMPs, while these are further being considered for engineering the regeneration of skeletal parts.
- The study discusses the future therapeutic applications of bone morphogenic proteins (BMP), listing out BMPs and its functions.
- It discusses the global BMP market, based on revenue and procedure units, and geography, during 2009-2016.
- It also briefs about BMP market dynamics, overlooking the drivers and restraints of the BMP market.
- Product portfolio of the BMP market is also discussed in the study.
Reasons to buy
- Develop business strategies with the help of specific insights from GlobalData on key events within the medical equipment industry.
- Gain a strong understanding and analyze major trends in the Indian medical equipment industry
- Identify growth opportunities within the medical equipment industry in India