Global Oil and Gas Companies Are Preparing for the Economic Upturn by Divesting Non-Core Assets
The global economic downturn in 2009 had a significant impact on the global oil and gas industry. The falling commodity prices and the reduction in demand have put a momentary brake on the investments in this sector. Consequently, global oil and gas companies are now implementing a strategy of divesting their non-core assets. This focus on their core and high growth operations will enable the oil and gas companies to streamline and consolidate ahead of the expected upturn in the global economy.
- These reports are a source of information on key issues and trends in the global oil and gas industry.
- These reports provide in depth analysis of key events and their impact on the global oil and gas industry.
- These reports provide information on major oil and gas sectors and regions including upstream, midstream and downstream sectors.
Reasons to buy
- Make informed decisions by understanding the rationale behind key events.
- Develop market entry strategies by identifying key growth sectors and sub-sectors across geographies.
- Stay informed about events/market sectors that will impact the global oil and gas industry to better plan your business model.
- In depth analysis of the events are covered in industry sector analysis reports from GlobalData.
Global Oil and Gas Companies Are Preparing for the Economic Upturn by Divesting Non-Core Assets Reference Code: GDGE0622VPT Publication Date: MAR 2010 Energy Market Analysis Alert GDGE0622VPT / Published MAR 2010 © GlobalData. This brief is a licensed product and is not to be photocopied Source: www.energyetrack.com Page 1 Table of Contents 1 Table of Contents 1 Table of Contents 2 1.1 List of Tables 3 1.2 List of Figures 4 2 GlobalData Viewpoint 5 2.1 Summary 5 3 Global Oil And Gas Companies Are Preparing For The Economic Upturn By Divesting Non-Core Assets 6 3.1 Increase in the Commodity Prices Had Lead to Increasing Investments in the Oil and Gas Sector through To 2008 6 3.2 The Financial Crisis, the Drop in Commodity Prices and the Global Economic Slowdown led to Decreasing Revenues and a Cash Reserves Deficit 10 3.3 Global Oil and Gas Companies Divesting Non-Core Assets to Focus on High Growth Strategic Assets 12 3.4 Anticipated Rebound in the Global Economy and Demand Recovery Necessitates Companies to Restructure and Concentrate on High Growth Areas 12 4 Recent Developments 14 4.1 Strategy and Business Expansion 14 4.2 Recent Discoveries 15 4.3 Other Significant Developments 19 5
Pages to are hidden for
"Global Oil and Gas Companies Are Preparing for the Economic Upturn by Divesting Non-Core Assets"Please download to view full document