HEMPSTEAD, NY - DEC. 2: A blaze caused by an unattended candle lit by a woman whose power had been shut off injured 12 people, including a man who was critically injured after he dangled and fell from his sixth-floor window. More than 150 firefighters from a dozen departments battled the blaze.
FIRE WIRE >>> M MIDWEST NORTHEAST CH CHICAGO, IL – DEC. 10: One CH MERIDEN, CT – DEC. 1: A 22-year-old man suf- woma was killed and 12 people were woman fered second-degree burns to his back when injured injured, including five firefighters, at a he tried to use a garden hose to extinguish a five-ala overnight blaze in a 44-story ve-alarm fire in a detached garage. condom condominium. About 300 firefight- ers and a third of the city’s firefighting HEMPSTEAD, NY – DEC. 2: A blaze caused by w equipment were used to bring the fire un- an unattended candle lit by a woman whose contro der control in two hours. Approximately power had been shut off injured 12 people, reside 50 residents were rescued, including a including a man who was critically injured WEST 100-year-o 100-year-old woman. after he dangled and fell from his sixth-floor window. More than 150 firefighters from a SANTA ANA, CA – DEC. 15: A community GALESBURG, IL – DEC. 11: Officials were in- dozen departments battled the blaze. center that sponsored poor children and vestigating a fire that destroyed a single-fami- needy seniors for the holidays lost crates ly home converted to a duplex and then used JOHNSON CITY, NY – DEC. 12: Christmas of food and gifts as fire swept through its as four apartments. The layout hampered lights were the suspected cause of a blaze that storage patio. firefighting efforts. Witnesses reported seeing severely damaged a two-story house. LAS VEGAS, NV – DEC. 28: The occupants of someone running from the scene. a wood-frame single-story home had only NORTHAMPTON, MA – DEC. 28: Two people lived there for a month when fire started in died in a house fire that authorities said was the exhaust fan in the rear bathroom and among nearly a dozen blazes believed inten- caused an estimated $100,000 in damage. SOUTH tionally set during a 90-minute period. FAIRFAX COUNTY, VA – DEC. 21: A fire began TO SUBMIT FIRE WIRE: Please send news clippings or SOUTHWEST when combustibles too close to an operating printouts within 14 days of the incident. Be sure to include the burner on the cooktop ignited. One woman city, state and date of the incident as well as when it appeared in HARRIS COUNTY, TX – DEC. 6: A hanger was hospitalized with minor injuries. the news clipping. owner was burned in a two-alarm fire at Firehouse Magazine Hooks Airport that also destroyed planes. CHARLOTTE, NC – DEC. 22: Damage was es- Fire Wire 3 Huntington Quad., Suite 301N
Pages to are hidden for
"FIRE WIRE"Please download to view full document