Tonka United Soccer Association
Invitational Traveling Tournament
June 5 – 7, 2009
Tonka United Soccer Association is pleased to invite your boys & girls traveling, tournament and
recreational plus teams to participate in our 5th annual traveling tournament, the Tonka Splash. Our
tournament is set to take place in and around the beautiful Lake Minnetonka area June 5 - 7, 2009. So
bring your best game, your swimsuits and your water rafts for a fun weekend of competitive soccer and
relaxation. Register today as space is limited and teams will be taken on a first registered first in basis.
This tournament is open to USYS, MYSA, and US Club affiliated organizations.
Registration and Fees:
• Teams may only register online at: www.TonkaSplash.org. Full payment must be made at the
time of registration to be considered complete.
U9 and U10 $290 U11 and U12 $325 U13 through U16 $375
• The Application Deadline is May 4, 2009. A confirmation email will be sent within 7 days of
acceptance of application and fees. If brackets are not complete by May 4th, 2009 age groups
and/or classes may be combined at the discretion of the tournament director. Teams will be
notified of any such changes by May 27th, 2009. Once an application has been received and
accepted no refunds will be made. Fees are non-refundable for any reason.
• Teams with potential district play conflicts should plan accordingly. It is the team’s responsibility
to reschedule district games. Once registration is confirmed, there are no refunds.
Games and Divisions and Brackets:
• Intra-Club Tournament Teams are welcome in the Maroon, C1 and U11 C2 brackets and Rec.
Plus teams are welcome in the Gold and C3 brackets.
• There will be separate Boys and Girls divisions for the following:
Max Teams teams per Game Players Registration
Age Level Expected Brackets Per Bracket bracket Length Per Side Fee
U9 Gold & Rec. Plus 8 4 2x25 6 $290
U10 Gold & Rec. Plus 8 4 2x25 6 $290
U11 C3 & Rec. Plus 8 4 2x30 8 $325
C1 & C3 &
U12 C2 8 4 2x30 8 $325
Tournament Rec. Plus
C1 & C3 & U13 - 8
U13-U16 C2 4 2x30 11 $375
Tournament Rec. Plus U14+ - 6
• Games may be played from 5-9pm on Friday, 7am-9pm Saturday and 7am-5pm Sunday.
• The U9 and U10 age levels will play three games in a non-playoff format. Participation awards
will be given to all U9 and U10 players. U11 through U16 teams will play three games and a 10
point system will be used to determine the two teams that will play in an additional championship
game. Awards will be presented to the first and second place teams.
• Only USSF registered referees will be used.
Players and Rosters:
• Players and coaches must be registered with USYSA or MYSA approved organizations. All out-
of-state teams must submit written proof of permission to travel 15 days in advance of the
• Teams must register at the tournament headquarters at least one hour prior to their first game. At
registration, teams will need to provide:
o A copy of their tournament roster
o Valid official 2008 player passes
o Medical authorizations for each player
o Official Guest Player Permission Form for any guest players.
• Valid player passes must be presented to the field official prior to the start of each game. All
teams must have medical authorizations available for inspection at games.
• Maximum roster size of 12 players (U9 & 10) 14 players (U11 & U12) and 18 players (U13 - U16).
• A player may only play on one team and there is a limit of 4 guest players. No player may guest
on a team at a lower competitive level.
Risk Management Summary:
• Every player, coach, manager etc. participates at his/her own risk. Trainers or similar will be
present at some tournament locations. However, each team is responsible for its own medical
supplies (including ice) and for the treatment of injuries.
• The Tonka Splash follows the MYSA severe weather guidelines.
Tournament Rules and Sanctioning:
• Please see the attached document for tournament rules and guidelines. The rules can also be
found on the tournament website at: www.TonkaSplash.org
• The Tonka United Soccer Association Tonka Splash is a tobacco, alcohol and drug free event and
has been sanctioned by the Minnesota Youth Soccer Association.
Tournament Web Page: www.TonkaSplash.org
Tournament Email: TonkaSplash@tonkaunited.org
Tournament Phone: 952-475-9178
Tonka United Soccer Association Tournament Director
18326 Minnetonka Blvd Lee Eastman
Deephaven, MN 55391 952-475-9178