123 Elm Street Miami, FL 33183 (305) 555-5555 firstname.lastname@example.org
ADVANCED INTERNET SUPPORT
Award-winning, innovative technical leader and system engineer. History of success in project, program, and operational
management. Expertise in new technology implementation, virtualization, and troubleshooting. Adept at identifying
opportunities for improvement. Analytical, diligent, and conscientious.
Microsoft Certified Professional / Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician: Vista / Microsoft Certified Systems
Administrator / Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer / Microsoft Certified IT Professional, Upgrade Class 70-649 and 70-
647, in progress
ABC CARRIER ASSOCIATION, INC., Miami, FL
Manager, Internet Support (20xx – Present): Planned and directed all phases of major IT projects, including stakeholder
communication, change management, and technical design. Recruited, trained, evaluated, and developed staff members.
Controlled budgets. Supported 200+ Windows-based servers and overall infrastructure supporting headquarters and seven
regional offices. Served on Active Directory Management, Change Management, Disaster Recovery, Emergency Response,
and Planning Teams. Maintained virtualized technical environment that mirrors production to test new technologies,
methodologies, disaster recovery scenarios, software releases, and patches and hot fixes. Implemented hardware upgrade
schedules based on capital value, age, and server use.
• Decreased errors and deployment delays by monitoring production server environment using Microsoft Operations
• Converted network authentication from Netware 5.x NDS to Microsoft Windows 2003 Active Directory to update
technological capability and migrate away from Novell Directory Services.
• Reduced company portfolio of software and centralized support by spearheading migration to Windows Terminal
Server from Citrix WinFrame.
• Decreased DNS worms and hacking against DNS by implementing external DNS servers.
• Earned “20xx Quality Award,” the organization’s second highest award for outstanding performers.
Internet Support Consultant (2000 – 2002): Supported IT operations in 24/7 setting, achieving contractual service
standards. Installed reporting tools to document server uptime and facility capacity and budget planning. Continually
evaluated operations and identified opportunities to further automate processes, enhance security, and improve all aspects of
• Conducted research on storage options. Developed new methods to create larger drives, import drives to systems,
and copy/move data and applications to new drive without requiring re-installation for Web, SQL, and file servers.
• Defined strategy and implemented RedDot as new Web publishing tool. Ensured appropriate structure and security
protocol was established.
• Designed and configured USAC/RHCD FTP and Web site to use NAS drive to allow USAC to FTP changes to one
server and update entire server farm.
Languages: HTML, ASP, VB 6.0, VBS, REXX, PL1, ASP.NET, and Assembler / Software Applications: Microsoft Office
Suite, Exchange 2003, IIS, MBSA, SQL, Exchange 2007, SUS, WSUS, DHCP, DNS, Visio, RRAS, RSA SecurID,
Checkpoint FW, Raptor FW, ZANTAZ, TSM, FAXSys, BEA WebLogic, PeopleSoft, Ceridian Time and Attendance,
Siebel, MOM, PlateSpin, Ghost, and ISA / Operating Systems: Windows Servers NT, 2000, 2003, Microsoft Virtual Server,
Vista, XP, VMware, MetaFrame (Citrix), Microsoft Terminal Server, Windows Server 2008, Hyper-V, Linux, and UNIX