Drop Down Lists in Excel
This HOWTO demonstrates how to make a drop down list in excel. This is
helpful when you are entering in the same range of text for a lot of different
1) Type the item you want in a list. We've used comments as an example:
2) Choose the cells you want the drop down list to be active in. In this case,
we want the drop down list in cells F1 through F10.
3) Click on the Data menu, and then Validation. Click List from the drop
4) Note the Data Validation dialog. We now need to select the cells which
have the data we want on our list. Click the cell selection icon, and highlight
the list you just created.
5) Click ok, and you're done! Here's how it looks when you click in one of