Instructions for Talking Calculator with picture frame
ILA Item #276912
This versatile 10-digit talking calculator features an easy-to-read display, voice
announcement and a talking alarm clock.
Voice Response — Announces the numbers and arithmetic function keys.
Units/Digits Talking Selection Function – Allows you to set the calculator to
announce calculation results in either units or digits.
Percent Key — Simplifies discounts, percentage changes and tax calculations
Repeat Answer Function – Allows you to hear the entry or answer again.
Talking Alarm Clock — announces the time and displays the time and date.
Volume ON/OFF — Voice response can be turned on or off
Top right, set of 3 tiny, oval buttons, from left to right: TIME, DATE, AL. ON/OFF
Just below are, from left to right: VOLUME slide switch (to the left is OFF, to the right is
ON), U/D button (tiny, round button), AM/PM (also tiny, round button)
One row of 4 small, oval buttons, from left to right: M+, M-, MR, MC
5 rows of rectangular function and number buttons, all the same size:
Top row, left to right: AC, CE, %, REP
2nd row: 7, 8, 9,
3rd row: 4, 5, 6, x
4th row: 1, 2, 3, -
5th row (also bottom row): 0, decimal point, +
Changing between Clock, Date, and Calculator modes:
1. To enter Calculator Mode: Press any number key.
2. To enter Clock Mode: Press the TIME key.
3. To enter Date Mode: Press the DATE key.
Setting the Time
1. Press TIME key to display the time.
2. Press M- key to set the time
3. Use the number keys to enter the current time. (Ex: for 2:45:20 PM press 024520,
then press the AM/PM key to toggle between AM and PM until the correct one
appears on the display.)
4. Press the MC button to complete the time setting.
SETTING THE DATE
1. Press the DATES button to display the date.
2. Press M+ key to set the date.
3. Use the number keys to enter the month, day and year. (Ex: To enter the date 10-
8-2005, press 10 08 1996)
4. Press the MC key to complete the date setting.
SETTING THE ALARM
1. Press the TIME key to display the time
2. Press the MR key.
3. Use the number keys to enter the hours and minutes. (Ex: To enter the Alarm time
as 8.35 AM, press 08 35 then press the AM/PM button until ―AM‖ shows on the
4. Press the MC key to complete the Alarm time setting.
5. Press the AL.ON/OFF key to turn on or off the Alarm
Hearing Calculation Results in Units or Digits
Press the U/D key to choose to hear the calculation results in digits (Ex: calculator will
announce 475 as ―four seven five‖) or in units (ex: calculator will announce 475 as ―four-
Press the U/D key to toggle between Unit mode and Digit mode. Either ―UNIT‖ or
―DIG‖ will appear on the top part of the display.
REPEATING A VOICE ANNOUNCEMENT
Press the REP button to repeat a voice announcement of the last entry or the last
CORRECTING ENTRY ERRORS
If you enter an incorrect number, press the CE button once. You may then enter the
correct number and proceed with your calculation. If you enter an incorrect function key
(other than M+, M-, MR, MC, %) simply press the correct key and continue. (Ex: If you
press ―7 x + 5 =‖ the calculator performs the calculation of ―7 + 5=‖ and ―12‖ appears
on the display)
―E‖ appears on the display when you:
Attempt a calculation where the result exceeds 10 digits to the left of the decimal
Try to add a value to the contents in memory and the result exceeds 10 digits (the
contents in memory are not changed if this occurs).
Attempt to divide a number by 0.
To remove the error, but keep what appears on the display, press CE once.
To clear the display, press CE twice or AC once.
Basic Arithmetic Calculations
You Press You See
123 + 456 – 789 = -210
24 + 36 – 75 x 8 9 = -13.33333333
Percentage, Add-on, and Discount calculations
You Press You See
720 x 20 % 144
100 + 30 % 130
100 – 20 % 80
To clear the current value from memory (set it to 0), press MC (memory clear)
To add the displayed value to the current value in memory, press M+, and ―M’
appears on the display when a value is stored in the calculators memory.
To subtract the displayed value from the current value in memory, press M-.
To recall the value from memory, press MR (memory recall) once.
You Press You See
4 x 5M+ M20
7 – 2M- M5
Installing/Replacing the battery
Follow these steps to install or replace the battery:
1. Slide off the battery compartment door in the direction of the arrow.
2. Remove the old battery from the compartment and replace with fresh battery
(CR2025), as indicated by the polarity symbols (+ and -) marked in the
compartment (+ side facing up towards you).
3. Replace the battery compartment door.
4. Using a straightened paper clip, press the tiny RESET on the back of the
calculator, just above the battery compartment.
NOTE: You must remember to reset the calculator each time you replace the battery.