Contract For Services
Contract Paid to a Business CONTRACT- One Time Payment
DEPARTMENT NAME CONTRACT- Payment by Invoices
DEPARTMENT ID CONTRACT- Monthly or Hourly Payments
Contract for Services form is divided into two sections - complete both sections
Part I - Basic Contract Terms Authorizing Signatures - Part I and Part II sections must be completed.
Part II - Contract Payment Section GST - if GST has been charged indicate the amount in the GST section
Part I - BASIC CONTRACT TERMS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
Complete the business name and correspondence address UofA ID No.:
Correspondence Address Information:
Address Postal Code
SERVICES to be provided (describe below)
Total Fee Payable (CDN funds only) $
CONTRACT AUTHORIZATION - as per the Signing Authority Policy.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, this agreement has been signed this __________ day of ____________________, year __________
On Behalf of the Board of Governors
Contract Authorized by:
For < 12 Hrs Wk,
PART II - CONTRACT PAYMENT
Staff and Student Payments issues payments to small unincorporated businesses only - regardless of the value of the contract
Support Payment Details
One-Time Contract Payment Start Date: End Date:
Contract Payments issued per Invoices
Monthly Contract Payments Hourly Contract Payments Contract Payment Amount:
Academic Do not include GST in the above amount - if GST has been charged indicate below
Teaching Credit Course Speed Code:
Non Teaching Academic Contract Account #: 500531
One Time Payment Monthly Hourly Fund Source: Operating Trust
For < 12 Hrs Wk,
GST Registration No.: GST Amount:
GST Rebate: 100% 67% & 33% Speed Code
Account #: 500531
CONTRACT PAYMENT AUTHORIZATION
Form Prepared By: (print name) Phone No.: Payment Authorization (signature):
The personal information on this form is collected for the purpose of managing personnel under Section 33c of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Certain information will be made available to federal and provincial departments and
agencies under appropriate legislative authority. For further information please contact Human Resources, 2-60 University Terrace, University of Alberta (780) 492-4555.
DISTRIBUTION: Original: Human Resource Services One copy: Department One Copy: Principal Investigator
Contract for Services Business.xls September 1, 2007
In consideration of the mutual covenants contained in this Contract, the University and the Contractor agree with each other as
1. In this contract, the following expressions have the following meanings:
a) "Basic Terms" means the details of this contract set forth above and constituting part of this Contract;
b) "Contract" means this Contract for Services between the University and the Contractor;
c) "Fee" means the fee specified in the Basic Terms to be paid by the University for the Services;
d) "Contractor" means the sole proprietor, partnership, corporation or individual which is a party to this Contract with the University;
e) "Services" means the activities and deliverables to be performed by the contractor, as specified in the Basic Terms;
f) "Term" means the period commencing on the Start Date and ending on the End Date, as specified in the Basic Terms;
g) "University" means the Governors of the University of Alberta.
2. The University hereby engages the Contractor and the Contractor hereby accepts its engagement by the University for the purpose of providing the
Services to the University. The term of this contract commences on the Start Date and expires on the End Date, as specified in the Basic Terms.
3. The Contractor will provide the Services during the Term in a timely and competent manner and in accordance with all applicable laws and all University
policies and regulations.
4. As payment for the Services, the University will pay the Fee to the Contractor as specified in the Basic Terms. The Contractor must indicate the
applicability of GST to such payments. No additional amounts will be payable by the University to the Contractor for expenses or disbursements.
5. The Contractor will carry adequate comprehensive general and professional liability insurance with limits acceptable to the University and will supply the
University with proof of such insurance upon request by the University. If the Contractor maintains an active account with the Workers' Compensation Board
("WCB"), the Contractor will provide the WCB account number and will supply the University with proof of coverage. If such WCB account number or proof of
coverage is not provided it will be assumed that the Contractor does not maintain an active account with the WCB.
6. The University shall not be liable nor responsible for any bodily or property damage of any nature whatsover that may be suffered or sustained by the
Contractor, its employees or agents in the performance of this Contract.
7. The Contractor shall indemnify and hold harmless the University, its employees and agents from any and all claims, demands, actions and costs
whatsoever that may arise, directly or indirectly, out of this Contract or the performance by the Contractor, its employees and agents, of the Services or any
act or omission of the Contractor, its employees and agents. Such indemnification shall survive the expiry or termination of this Contract.
8. The ownership of all intellectual property, including copyrights in and to all literary, dramatic, musical, artistic or other works, produced by the Contractor in
the performance of the Services shall be the sole property of the University. The Contractor hereby waives all of its moral rights in such works and all of the
moral rights of its employees and agents in such works (the Contractor hereby representing that it has legal authority to do so on behalf of its employees and
9. Except as required by law or as otherwise permitted by this Contract, the Contractor will not disclose, nor shall it permit any person employed by it to
disclose (except in the proper performance of the Services) any information of a private or confidential nature acquired by it in the performance of the
Services. The University is subject to the access and privacy provisions of the Alberta Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
10. The relationship of the Contractor to the University pursuant to this Contract is that of an independent contractor only. Nothing in this contract constitutes
the Contractor, its employees or agents as partners, joint ventures, employees or agents of the University. The University shall not be liable for the acts,
omissions neglect or defaults of the Contractor, its employees or agents, in connection with this Contract or the performance or non-performance of Services.
11. The University may terminate this Contract at its sole discretion as follows:
a) at any time, upon thirty (30) calendar days prior written notice to the Contractor;
b) immediately, upon written notice to the Contractor, in any of the following events:
i) any breach or non-performance by the Contractor of the terms and conditions of this Contract;
ii) the Contractor becoming insolvent, being adjudged bankrupt or taking the benefits of any act in force for bankrupt or insolvent debtors;
iii) the Contractor passing a resolution for its winding up or its dissolution or if a court order directs such winding up or dissolution;
iv) the Contractor causing substantial harm or disrepute to the status and reputation of the University.
Upon the effective date of termination, the Contractor shall stop providing the Services and shall deliver to the University any materials and records relating to
the Services. The University will pay the Fee only for Services satisfactorily performed up to the effective date of termination.
12. The Contractor shall not use the name, trademarks or logo of the University without prior written consent of the University.
13. This Contract represents the entire agreement between the parties. Neuter words used in this Contract include the masculine and feminine gender, as
14. The rights and obligations of the parties to this Contract shall not be assigned or assignable.
15. This Contract shall be interpreted under and governed by the laws in force in the Province of Alberta.
16. The Contractor represents and warrants that the Services are directly related to its usual business. The Contractor acknowledges that the foregoing
representation and warranty will be relied on by the University in determining its obligations under the Income Tax Act (Canada) and regulations there under.