SENIOR ANALYST, PERFORMANCE MEASUREMENT
The Toronto Central LHIN seeks a Senior Analyst with expert knowledge of
healthcare databases and performance measurement principles at a senior level,
to join the newly established Performance Measurement Team.
At the Toronto Central LHIN, our job is to work with the Ontario government, local
health service providers, community agencies, residents and others to ensure a
well coordinated system of health services. Accountability agreements between
health care providers and LHINs, and between LHINs and government, ensure
the responsible use of precious health care resources, and the sustainability of
the health care system for generations to come.
As a key member of the LHIN, you will play an important role in ensuring that
health care dollars are spent efficiently and effectively, yielding the best results
possible. This will include interacting with colleagues within all departments
within the TC-LHIN, as well as across LHINs and with health service providers,
the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care and other external research
The successful candidate will possess a degree in Epidemiology, Business
Management, Health Sciences, Statistics or the equivalent, preferably with a
Masters in Health/Business Administration, Epidemiology or Statistics. In addition
they will have five or more years of related decision support/performance
measurement experience, including working in a health service provider
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be
contacted. To learn more about this exciting position, please refer to the job
JOB TITLE: Senior Analyst, Performance Measurement
DATE: July 2009
REPORTS TO (job title): Director, Performance Measurement
LOCATION: Toronto Central LHIN
The position reports directly to the Director, Performance Measurement and is
accountable for providing Performance Measurement support to various projects
and initiatives across the Toronto Central LHIN business areas.
1. Works within a team environment, with a customer service approach, to
provide performance measurement and analytic support to our colleagues in
other teams within the Toronto Central LHIN.
2. Contributes expert advice and input from a performance measurement and
analytic perspective, to the development of health system and integration
plans and various projects related to the strategic goals of the LHIN.
3. Provides technical analysis of complex health-care system models or
approaches and develops tools and methods to assess the impact of
initiatives to meet the short and long term needs of the local community.
4. Manages preparation of reports and analysis for a variety of audiences,
including the CEO and Senior Management Team, LHIN committees and
work groups and the Board of Directors.
5. Provides analytic input and expertise to Annual Service Plans and
Integrated Health Service Plans and ensures appropriate analysis of
planning, integration and allocation options or decisions.
6. Participates in and contributes to inter-LHIN and ministry dialogue on
performance measurement issues and implications for local health service
• Undergraduate degree in Epidemiology, Business Management, Health
Sciences, Statistics or the equivalent, preferably with a Masters in
Health/Business Administration, Epidemiology or Statistics
• Five or more years of experience in a healthcare decision
support/performance measurement environment including experience
preparing analyses of operational, clinical and quality measures, based on
data from various large healthcare data sets and working with performance
• Knowledge of health care reporting requirements (e.g. MIS guidelines) and
funding methodologies, within more than one sector preferred;
knowledge/familiarity with various databases used to capture information in
various health sectors
• Experience designing and developing standard and ad hoc reports for both
internal and external purposes
• Experience with MS Office (specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and
statistical/analytic software including SAS, SPSS and ArcGIS-mapping
• Excellent analytical, modeling and problem solving skills; familiarity with
project management methodologies
• Ability to multi-task with strong attention to detail within a fast-paced
environment with changing priorities
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, to work effectively with
other managers and staff, and to liaise with colleagues across LHINs and with
contacts in the ministry
• In-depth understanding of the Ontario health-care system, its stakeholders,
programs and issues..
• Bilingual (French and English) oral and written communications skills are an
Please send resume to Diamond Watson-Hill at firstname.lastname@example.org