Docstoc

Sheltie Stakes 2008

Document Sample
Sheltie Stakes 2008 Powered By Docstoc
					              Sheltie Stakes 2008. Meeting no. 1.
                      Thursday 31st January.

Present: I. Fyfe, A. Watson, L. Morrison, S. Stuart, P. Dow,
V. Ligertwood, C. Brown, A. Shaw, P. Beaton, J. McIntosh,
A. Murdoch, B. Michie.
Apologies: P.Gray, G. Skinner, L. Hardie, I. Gerrard, S. Fyfe,
B. Murdoch, G & C. Mackie, P&M. Astbury, S. Shirodkar, S. Main, B.
Urquhart.


Ilene welcomed everyone to the meeting and confirmed the
date of this year’s Sheltie Stakes as Sunday 7th September.

Points raised from last minute:
    Fruit a chocolate fountain might be difficult to keep fresh
    Raffle tickets for bottle stall – source of good quality/variety of
       colours needed
    Payout at betting to be looked at
    Tickets for pony rides queue - already donated
    Mr Mac to supervise flooring in tea tent
    P. Gray to design entrance(s) layout
    DVD and Videos to be included on school stall
    Nigel – shelves for prize stall
    Childrens races to be in programme

Progress so far:
    Balance approx £5000
    MTM confirmed fencing
    Mrs Brooker is kept uptodate via Alison Watson
    Same field as last year

Contacts/things to do:
    Receipt to Colyn Davis for advert
    Hire bouncy castle from Kinellar –IF
    Brogans slide –IF
    First aid kit –PD
    Paramedic £80 –AW
    Leisurelend –same order as last year including blue fencing –IF
    Layout of ground & fencing –Bmichie
    Train – V Mathers
      Pony rides – John& Joyce Owen
      Window cleaner
      Insurance/Licences – D MacBrayne
      Crafters – H Docherty
      Music at start – ask Ruby- IF
      Sponsor for novelty race- any ideas? Ilene to speak to S. Morrice
      Programme printing – source?
      Toilets/generator/skip – A Murdoch
      Police – IF to email them
      Rock climbing wall – J Watson
      Puppet show – Bill Murdoch to find out cost for 2 shows
      Magician- IF
      Radios – P Gray
      Kintore Butcher for burgers – IF
      Water/ P. A. system – I Gerrard
      Badge Making – L Hardie ( IF to speak to Marcia)
      Stocks – Mrs Gilchrist to be asked for this year
      Bottle stall – C Brown. Request that bottles be collected 10-14 days
       before
      Henna tattoos etc to be costed – L Hardie
      Knock a can – not this year?
      Large signs for Beer tent, Ice cream, Cream teas, - F Murdoch
      Rosettes – IF to ask G King
      Cones from Ellon, scaffolding – IF
      Sponsorship co-ordinated by V Ligertwood – pass on any contacts
      Prizes IF & P Beaton to check stock
      Pony owner to remain at £10

Next meeting Thursday 24th April 7.30pm in the Village Hall

				
DOCUMENT INFO
Shared By:
Categories:
Stats:
views:16
posted:7/6/2010
language:English
pages:2