Co. Antrim Senior
Championships Prize Fund
MEN’S SINGLES Open Championship of County Antrim Challenge Cup,
1st Prize £150; 2nd £75. Semi finalists 2 x £25.
MEN’S SINGLES “Jubilee Plate” — Open only to competitors who played and
were beaten in their first match in Event 1. 1st Prize £25; 2nd £15.
LADIES’ SINGLES Open Championship of County Antrim Challenge Cup.
1st Prize £100; 2nd £50;.
LADIES’ SINGLES Plate. Open only to competitors who played and
were beaten in their first match in Event 2. 1st Prize £20; 2nd £10.
MEN’S DOUBLES Open Championship of County Antrim Challenge Cups.
1st Prize 2 x £50; 2nd 2 x £35.
LADIES’ DOUBLES Open Championship of County Antrim Challenge Cups.
1st Prize 2 x £35; 2nd 2 x £20.
MIXED DOUBLES Open Championship of County Antrim Challenge Cups.
1st Prize 2 x £50; 2nd 2 x £25.
MEN’S SINGLES HANDICAP 1st Prize £40; 2nd £25.
LADIES’ SINGLES HANDICAP 1st Prize £20; 2nd £10.
MEN’S DOUBLES HANDICAP 1st Prize 2 x £20; 2nd 2 x £10.
LADIES’ DOUBLES HANDICAP 1st Prize 2 x £20; 2nd 2 x £10.
MIXED DOUBLES HANDICAP 1st Prize 2 x £20; 2nd 2 x £10.
MEN’S SINGLES OVER 35yrs 1st Prize £25; 2nd £15.
MEN’S DOUBLES OVER 35yrs 1st Prize 2 x £15; 2nd 2 x £10.
LADIE’S DOUBLES OVER 35yrs 1st Prize 2 x £15; 2nd 2 x £10.
MEN’S SINGLES OVER 45yrs 1st Prize £25; 2nd £15.
MEN’S DOUBLES OVER 45yrs 1st Prize 2 x £15; 2nd 2 x £10.
MIXED DOUBLES OVER 45yrs 1st Prize 2 x £15; 2nd 2 x £10.
MEN’S DOUBLES OVER 55yrs 1st Prize 2 x £15; 2nd 2 x £10.
Tournament Referee: Supplied by U.B.T.I.
Committee: K. McGarry, G. Stevenson, R. Cassley & D. McAfee
Moyle District Council would like to thank our sponsors
• Royal Bank of Canada
• Ulster Bank
• Northern Bank
• Danny Kinahan Fine Art
MOYLE • Alistair McHenry Construction MOYLE
COUNCIL • M.V.H. Homecare Hardware Ltd. COUNCIL
Event Name Of Partner Own Initials Fee £ P
1. Mens’ Singles Championship
TOURNAMENT REGULATIONS £6-00
2. Ladies' Singles Championship £6-00
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
3. Mens’ Doubles Championship £6-00
1. This Tournament will be conducted under the rules of lawn tennis and the rules
4. Ladies’ Doubles Championship £6-00
and regulations of Tennis Ireland.
2. Entries must be made on the official form and should be sent to: 5. Mixed Doubles Championship £6-00
Moyle District Council, 7 Mary Street, Ballycastle, BT54 6QH.
6. Men’s Singles Handicap £5-00
3. Closing Date for Entries, WEDNESDAY 9th JULY 2008 at 12 noon.
4. Competitors may only enter a Maximum of 4 Events. 7. Ladies' Singles Handicap £5-00
Juniors may only enter open events.
8. Mens' Doubles Handicap £5-00
5. All entrants must be available from MONDAY 14th JULY 2008, see N.B.,
Veterans from Sunday 13th July 2008.
9. Ladies' Doubles Handicap £5-00
6. Play will commence, weather permitting, at 10.00 a.m. each day.
10. Mixed Doubles Handicap £5-00
7. A Competitior not available for play when required may be scratched.
11. Mens’ Singles over 35 Years £5-00
8. All Competitors may be called upon to umpire at least one match.
9. Age restrictions in Veterans events will be determined by the competitors age 12. Mens’ Doubles over 35 Years £5-00
on 31st December 2008.
13. Ladies' Doubles over 35 Years £5-00
10. Each entrant must pay Tennis Ireland, Tournament Levy Fee of £4.00.
11. The Draw will take place on Thursday 10th July 2008. 14. Mens’ Singles over 45 Years £5-00
12. The draw for all open events will be seeded. 15. Mens’ Doubles over 45 Years £5-00
13. Unless otherwise decided by the tournament referee all matches will be the best
of three sets. Tie break rules at six games in all sets. 16. Mixed Doubles over 45 Years £5-00
14 . New balls will not necessarily be issued for each match. 17. Mens' Doubles over 55 years £5-00
15. Five grass and six polymeric courts will be used at the discretion of the Referee.
DOUBLES PARTNER MUST SUBMIT SEPARATE ENTRY FORM
16. All competitors are required to read the Code of Conduct for Players which will Tennis Ireland Tournament Fee £4-00
be in operation during the tournament.
Cheques/P.O.'s payable to Moyle District Council TOTAL
17. In all matters the decision of the Tournament Referee will be final.
NO ENTRY WILL BE ACCEPTED WITHOUT THE APPROPRIATE FEES
18. Where an event is uncompleted due to weather conditions, prize-money will be COMPETITORS SHOULD NOTE THAT THIS CONDITION WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED
awarded at the discretion of the committee. ENTRY FORMS TO BE COMPLETED AND RETURNED TO MOYLE DISTRICT COUNCIL,
7 MARY STREET, BALLYCASTLE, BT54 6QH BY WEDNESDAY 9th July 2008 AT 12.00 NOON.
19. No entries shall be accepted by telephone or after closing date.
20. Events 13-17 will only take place if sufficient entries are received. Name (Block Capitals)
A minimum of eight pairs shall be required for each event.
Address (Block Capitals)
21. Under no circumstances will refunds be given.
Please Complete In Full
22. All complaints must be made in writing within 48 hours of same.
23. Players entering four events must be available on Monday 14th July 2008. Post Code
24. Events 11-17 depending on the entries will be played Saturday 12th and Sunday 13th, Telephone Number Mobile
and be completed from Thursday 16th July 2008. Competitors please note the order of
play can be obtained by telephoning Ballycastle 028 2076 3022 after 6.00 p.m.
each day. I am a member of Tennis Club.
N.B. This Event will run simultaneously with the Junior Event. I will not be available to play on (see Rule 24)
FOR OFFICE USE ONLY
I play in Division
ONE ENTRY PER FORM PHOTOCOPIES ACCEPTED