PROBATE COURT OF BUTLER COUNTY, OHIO
APPLICATION FORM FOR OBTAINING MARRIAGE LICENSE
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY:
In order to obtain a marriage license, the following rules and regulations must be followed:
1. At least one of the persons must be a resident of Butler County. If both persons are from out of state, you must
be planning to be married in Butler County.
2. All persons must present a U.S. Government photo ID (ex. Driver’s License, State ID, Passport or Visa).
3. Persons under the age of 18 must have had counseling by the Family Counseling Agency of Butler County or any
ordained or licensed minister of any religious society or congregation within this state licensed to perform
marriages. (THREE COUNSELING SESSIONS ARE REQUIRED).
4. If the male person is under the age of 18 or the female person is under the age of 16, you must also have
received permission by Juvenile Court.
5. If you have been previously married, a final Divorce Decree must be presented.
6. It is your responsibility to determine that the person officiating the wedding ceremony is licensed in the state of
7. Once the license is issued, it is valid for a period of sixty (60) days.
PLEASE PRINT CLEARLY:
1. First Name Full Middle Name Last Name 1. First Name Full Middle Name Last Name
2. Age Date of Birth Social Security No. 2. Age Date of Birth Social Security No.
3. Current Address (No. & Street, City, State, Zip Code & County 3. Current Address (No. & Street, City, State, Zip Code & County)
4. City & State of Birth 4. City & State of Birth
5. Occupation Place of Employment 5.. Occupation Place of Employment
6. Father’s Full Name 6. Father’s Full Name
7. Mother’s Full Maiden Name 7. Mother’s Full Maiden Name
8. Number of Your Previous Marriages 8. Number of Your Previous Marriages
9. Daytime Phone Home Phone 9. Daytime Phone Home Phone
10. Parents Address 10. Parents Address
11. Address after marriage
BCPC FORM 850 - APPLICATION FORM FOR OBTAINING MARRIAGE LICENSE -PDF 4/1/04