POWERPOINT 2007 QUICK REFERENCE
SAVE A PRESENTATION NORMAL VIEW
1. Click the Save button in the Quick Access
1. On the View tab, click the Normal button. ADD A NEW SLIDE
As an alternative, click the Normal View tool 1. On the Home tab, click the down arrow of
toolbar the New Slide button.
in the lower right. 2. Select the slide layout from the gallery.
SAVE AS 2003 PRESENTATION
DUPLICATE A SLIDE
1. Click the Office button. RUN A SLIDESHOW 1. Right click on the slide to duplicate.
2. Select Save AS > PowerPoint 97-2003 2. Select Duplicate Slide from the shortcut
1. To begin at slide 1, hold down the CTRL
presentation. menu that appears.
key and tap the HOME key.
2. On the View tab, click the Slide Show
CONVERT TO PDF DELETE A SLIDE
button. As an alternative, click the Slide
1. Save the file as a PowerPoint presentation. 1. Click the slide to be deleted.
Show tool in the lower right. 2. Press the Delete key on the keyboard.
2. Click the Office button.
3. Select Save As > PDF or XPS. 3. Advance through the slides by clicking the REUSE SLIDES
mouse button or pressing the space bar.
1. Click the slide where you wish to add new
OPEN & REVIEW A PRESENTATION 4. Move back one slide or animation by
slides – slides will be added after the active
pressing the backspace key on the
1. Click the Office button. keyboard. 2. On the Home tab, click the arrow for New
2. Select Open. 5. Stop the slideshow by pressing the ESCape
key on the keyboard.
3. Navigate to the drive and folder for the file 3. Select Reuse Slides which is in the list of
to open. CREATE A NEW PRESENTATION (BLANK) options below the gallery.
4. Click on the Browse button.
1. Click the Office button and select 5. Select the location of the presentation
SLIDE SORTER VIEW New. which contains the slides to be reused.
1. On the View tab, click the Slide Sorter 2. In the Templates area, select Blank and 6. Select the slides to reuse.
button. As an alternative, click the Slide 7. NOTE: Leave the “Keep Source
3. In the center pane, select Blank Formatting” box unchecked to have the
Sorter view tool in the lower right. slide share the appearance of the new
4. Click Create in the lower right corner. presentation.
5. OPTIONAL: Select a theme for the REORDER SLIDES – NORMAL VIEW
presentation by clicking the Design tab. 1. In the thumbnails on the left side of the
NOTES PAGES VIEW
1. On the View tab, click the Notes Pages Click the More tool of the Themes window, place the mouse pointer on the
button. Gallery to view and select a theme. slide to move and drag it to its new
2. NOTE: In this view, enter notes for each location.
slide. 2. As the slide is dragged, a horizontal line
CHOOSE SLIDE LAYOUT appears to indicate where the slide will be
1. Select the slide.
dropped when the mouse button is
2. On the Home tab, click the Layout button.
POWERPOINT 2007 QUICK REFERENCE
REORDER SLIDES – SLIDE SORTER VIEW SET A TRANSITION
1. Place the mouse pointer on the slide to 1. Make the appropriate slide active. To select PACKAGE A PRESENTATION
move and drag it to its new location. multiple slides, CTRL + click on each slide.
1. With the presentation open, click the Office
2. As the slide is dragged, a vertical line 2. Click the Animations tab on the Ribbon and
appears to indicate where the slide will be
dropped when the mouse button is click the More button in the Transition button > Publish > Package for CD.
released. to This Slide group. 2. A message appears, click OK.
3. A gallery of transitions is displayed. Use 3. Click the Copy to Folder button.
Live Preview to select a transition. 4. Navigate to the drive and folder to store the
4. Click the down arrow for copy of the presentation. NOTE: The copy
INSERT A TABLE can be saved to any drive, USB port, DVD
1. In the Content placeholder of the slide, click and drive, etc – not just a CD.
the Insert Tables button. select the transition speed. 5. A message displays to include linked files,
2. Enter the number of columns and rows. click Yes.
3. NOTE: Table Tools are available to modify 6. A message displays to indicate the files are
the table after it is created. Click inside the being copied. When the message no longer
5. Click the Preview button to review
table to see the Table Tools – Design and
the choices. displays and the Package for CD dialog box
Layout tabs. displays on top, click the Close button.
4. To select a table style, click the Table
Tools – Design tab. In the Table Styles SPELLING & GRAMMAR CHECK
RUN A PACKAGED PRESENTATION
1. Click the Review tab on the Ribbon and
group click the More button and select click the Spelling & Grammar button. 1. Navigate to the folder that holds the
the style. presentation and double-click to open it.
2. Double click the file named pptview.exe.
This is the software, PowerPoint Viewer.
INSERT A PICTURE 3. If a license agreement appears, click
1. In the Content placeholder of the slide, click 1. Click the Office button and select Accept.
the Picture from File button. Print. 4. The PowerPoint Viewer box displays. Click
2. Navigate to the location of the picture. 2. Click the down arrow under the “Print to select the title of the presentation to view.
What” heading to specify what to print 5. Click Open. The presentation runs in Slide
(Slides, Handouts, Notes Pages, Outline Show view.
INSERT CLIP ART View). 6. Run the presentation.
1. In the Content placeholder of the slide, click
the Clip Art button. 3. NOTE: One of the frequently-selected
2. Enter the Search criteria at Search for, choices is Handouts. Usually, slides per
Search in and Results should be. Click page is set to 3 so blank lines are available
the Go button. for note taking.
3. Click on the picture to insert it. 4. Click the Preview button to review the
choices prior to printing.
For complete Office 2007 manuals visit us online at: