Boat Bill of Sale
Seller 1: ______________________
Buyer 1: ______________________
Buyer 2: _____________________
If there is more than one buyer or seller, the use of the singular incorporates the plural.
1. Seller sells the boat (Boat) described here to Buyer:
Serial or hull ID number: ______________________
Registration, CF, or Document number: ____________________
General type: ____________________________
2. Boat has the following types of engine(s) (Engines) [provide details on any engines
including year, make, type, model, hours, and serial
3. Boat contains the following equipment (Equipment) included in this sale [list and describe
all that apply, including sails and rigging, safety equipment, electronics and navigation
equipment, and deck equipment]:___________________________.
4. Seller believes Boat, Engines, and Equipment to be in good condition except for the
following defects: ________________________________.
5. Boat and Engines [ ] have been [ ] have not been independently inspected or surveyed at
Buyer's request. If an inspection or Marine Survey has been made, the inspection report or
Marine Survey [ ] is attached to and made part of this bill of sale [ ] is not attached.
6. The full purchase price for Boat, Engines, and Equipment is $____________. In exchange
for Boat, Engines, and Equipment, Buyer has paid Seller [choose one]:
[ ] single payment of the full purchase price.
[ ] $____________ as a down payment, balance of purchase price due by _____ [date].
[ ] $____________ as a down payment and has executed a promissory note for the balance
of the purchase price.
7. Seller warrants that Seller is the legal owner of Boat, Engines, and Equipment and that Boat,
Engines, and Equipment are free of all liens and encumbrances except
Seller agrees to remove any lien or encumbrance specified in this clause with the proceeds of
this sale and other funds as necessary within _____ days of the date of the bill of sale.
8. Additional terms of sale for Boat, Engines, and Equipment are as follows:
Seller 1's signature: _______________________________________
Seller 2's signature: _______________________________________
Buyer 1's signature: _______________________________________
Buyer 2's signature: _______________________________________
Certificate of Acknowledgment of Notary Public
State of _______________________________ )
County of _____________________________ )
On _____________________, before me, ______________________________, a notary public
in and for said state, personally appeared ___________________ ________________________,
known to me (or proved to me on the basis of satisfactory evidence) to be the person whose
name is subscribed to the within instrument, and acknowledged to me that he or she executed the
same in his or her authorized capacity and that by his or her signature on the instrument, the
person, or the entity upon behalf of which the person acted, executed the instrument.
WITNESS my hand and official seal.
Notary Public for the State of ______________
My commission expires __________________