Singapore, Singapore by gzn12524


									Home » Visa Offices » Offices Outside Canada

Singapore, Singapore

 Office Type:       Regional Program Centre
 Service Lines:     Immigrants: Yes
                    Visitors: Yes
                    Workers: Yes
                    Students: Yes
 Responsible        Bangladesh, Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Myanmar
 for immigrant      (Burma), Saba, Sarawak, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam
 Responsible        Brunei, Singapore
 for visitor
 Office             Canadian High Commission
 Location:          Immigration Section
                    One George Street, 11-01
 Mailing            Canadian High Commission
 Address:           Immigration Section
                    Robinson Road, P.O. Box 845
                    901645 Singapore
 Internet Site:
 Telephone/         Mission Tel.: (65) 6854-5900
 Facsimile          Immigration Tel.: (65) 6854-5946
 Numbers:           Mission Fax: (65) 6854-5930
                    Immigration Fax: (65) 6854-5874 and (65) 6854-5876
 Office Hours:      Monday: 08:00 - 16:30
                    Tuesday: 08:00 - 16:30
                    Wednesday: 08:00 - 16:30
                    Thursday: 08:00 - 16:30
                    Friday: 08:00 - 13:30

                    Comments: Open to the public Monday to Friday from 08:00 to
                    12:30, applications received until 11:30.
What are the basic requirements for a study permit?

To receive a study permit you must satisfy a visa officer that you meet all of the following

   •   you intend to leave Canada after your studies;
   •   you have been accepted by a Canadian educational institution;
   •   you have enough money to pay for tuition fees, living expenses for yourself and
       accompanying dependants, and your return transportation fees for yourself and
       accompanying dependents;
   •   you will not be a risk to the security of Canada;
   •   you provide all documents requested by the visa officer to assess your
   •   you complete a medical examination if you will be studying in Canada for more
       than six months; and
   •   you pay a non-refundable processing fee.

What documents do I need to provide?

   •   The Study Permit Visa Information
   •   The application form
   •   The required Additional Information form for all applicants.
   •   The Photograph Specifications.

What information is required in the Letter of Acceptance from the school in

   •   the name of the institution;
   •   confirmation of your acceptance and/or registration as a student the course of
   •   the duration of the academic program (including the exact starting date) the latest
       date you may register;
   •   a signature by an authorized individual e.g. principal, admissions officer,
   •   the name, address and telephone number of the school representative, if the
       letter has been issued by one; and
   •   a statement that the fees have been paid if the school requires advance payment
       of fees before it will issue a letter of acceptance.

Students must be unconditionally accepted into the course of study.

To top