Frankenstein – Research Paper
As you have been reading Frankenstein, you were assigned to track two possible research
topics as you were reading. You were to track various topics in relation to one of the two
main characters, either Victor or the fiend. Your bookmark, given to you the first week we
began the novel, should now be a major resource for you.
Choose two of the topics below to analyze one of the two main characters:
Post-traumatic stress disorder Depression
Obsessive-compulsive Personality Disorder Doppelganger
Ethics of science and technology Gifted and Talented
Isolation / Lonliness Abandonment
Lack of a father figure Prejudices
Language Acquisition and Development Unresolved guilt
1. You should consider how 2 of the items from this list create actions or reactions from
our characters and/or serve to motivate or debilitate the character. Also consider
how your topics relate to society, living in society, societal expectations and norms of
2. To analyze the above, you will need to find valid sources in psychology, sociology,
language/linguistics, etc. Your must have at least two (2) sources. One from a
professional journal or a published book or anthology written by an expert in his/her
field. The second from a reputable website, such as a .org or .edu site. I must
approve your sources by Monday, May 5.
3. You paper will be your personal analysis of the one character you choose, given the
research you have done above.
4. Format: You paper must be in MLA format, and all sources must be cited in MLA
format with a Works Cited page attached.
5. Length: You paper must be between 550-650 words.
6. Your paper is due Thursday, May 8th. It must be submitted to turnitin.com by
midnight on Thursday, May 8th.
Note: I will accept late papers until 4pm on Friday May 9th, but they will receive a letter
grade deduction. No papers will be accepted after that date. This is your last major
assignment – not turning it in on time will put you in jeopardy of not going on Project.