Chromatography Lab Write Up
Data (qualitative and quantitative in tables)
Questions from handout
Questions for salt lab:
1. Calculate the heat of solution for a hypothetical salt AB with lattice energy
100KJ/mol and heat of hydration for ion A -25KJ/mol and B -80KJ/mol
2. The lattice energy for salt AC is 50KJ. The heat of solution is 15KJ/mol. Find
the heat of hydration for the C ion.
3. Find the lattice energy of salt DB when the heat of solution is -150KJ/mol and the
hydration enthalpy of ion D is -100KJ/mol.
4. Find the heat of solution of salt DC if the lattice energy is 40KJ
5. Which cation/anion combination of the above has the:
A. most exothermic heat of solution
B. least exothermic heat of solution
C. any with endothermic heat of solution?