123 Elm Street | Stamford, CT 06901 | 203-555-5555 | firstname.lastname@example.org
LUMBER SALES: Entrepreneurial, self-motivated, and highly successful in driving sales growth, presenting
lumber products, and expanding markets. Possess an exceptional network of personal relationships with architectural
millwork companies, building suppliers, lumber yards and various manufacturers. Advanced expertise in reading prints,
creating material estimates, scheduling deliveries, beating sales quotas, and exceeding client expectations.
LUMBER SALES EXCELLENCE
STORE MANAGER, ABC LUMBER COMPANY, Stamford, CT • 20xx – 20xx
Oversaw the retail sales floor and showroom to ensure best merchandising, maintenance, inventory, profitability, and
customer service for an $18 million facility. Led and motivated a high-performing team of 15 employees. Successfully sold
a complete line of products to local builders. Created and administered operational systems and P&L reporting.
• Built highly successful saw and door shops.
• Generated significant revenues by creating and running the Installed Sales Program.
• Selected over peers to lead the Safety Program.
• Effectively represented company trade shows; organized presentations and provided timely follow-up to
strengthen customer service.
SALES MANAGER, BCD LUMBER INCORPORATED, Stamford, CT • 20xx – 20xx
Effectively managed a $5 million facility that offered a complete line of products to residential and light commercial
builders. Supervised and coached ten employees and oversaw the showroom. Provided expedient and accurate
delivery/order fulfillment to ensure full customer satisfaction. Directed daily operations with full P&L accountability for
building materials and home improvement retail stores. Implemented inside sales programs. Built and maintained vendor
and builder relationships. Forecasted materials and sales. Supported outside sales representatives. Managed delivery
logistics for truck and rail transport.
• Won numerous Salesperson of the Month Awards.
• Earned fast-track promotion into a managerial role.
• Delivered quota ten out of 11 months at the North Stamford store.
• Led the store to earn store of the region award (out of 50 stores).
• Researched and suggested additional products that would target a niche builder market.
• Supervised construction projects following Hurricane Katrina in Slidell, LA, and Waveland, MS.
Bachelor of Science, Business Administration, XYZ University, Stamford, CT
Managing Inventories and Cycle Counts, Skillpath Seminars, 20xx
How to Be a Better Buyer, Skillpath Seminars, 20xx
How to Supervise, Fred Pryor Seminars, 20xx
Training the Trainer, Fred Pryor Seminars, 20xx
Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook), AutoCAD 14, Quattro