English Language Paper 2 (Listening & Integrated Skills)
Working guidelines for Classroom Invigilators (CI)
Major procedure Reference in Handbook
Before the examination
1. Distribute the stationery and personalized barcode labels before Section II Paragraph 1
admission of candidates.
2. Write down the centre number and subject/paper name on the Section II Paragraph 2
3. Check and tune to the best radio channel frequency using an Section III Paragraph 1
4. Write the appropriate frequency on the blackboard.
5. 9:10a.m: Start admitting candidates to the classroom. Section III Paragraph 7
6. Report to the Centre Supervisor if the CI finds a candidate whom he/she Section I Paragraph 7
Before the start of examination
7. 9:15a.m.: First announcement on switching off mobile-phones and
Section III Paragraphs
putting away personal belongings.
8 to 10
8. Candidates adjust their earphone radios to the best frequency.
9. 9:20a.m.: Check candidates’ admission forms and complete Attendance Section III Paragraph 11
10. 9:30a.m.: RTHK first announcement to confirm correct channel. Section III Paragraph 12
11. 9:40a.m.: When CI has completed the attendance taking procedures, Section III Paragraph 13
make the announcement on concerning tuning problems.
12. 9:45a.m.: RTHK second announcement (CI should avoid disturbing Section III Paragraph 12
candidates during these two announcements).
13. CI to put the “No latecomers will be admitted” notice on the door of Section III Paragraph 3
14. 9:46a.m.: After the 9:45a.m announcement, CI to announce “Take off
your earphones” announcement. Unseal and open question paper packets
Section III Paragraph 15
in front of candidates.
15. CI distributes Question-Answer Books and Data Files.
16. 9:55a.m.: RTHK broadcasts “Greensleeves”. CI should make sure that Section III Paragraph 17
no candidates open the Question-Answer Books and Data Files.
17. 10a.m.: RTHK announces start of examination. Section III Paragraph 18
18. From this point, CI should avoid walking down the aisles to minimize
interference to radio reception.
After the start of examination
19. If a candidate moves to the Special Room after the start of examination, Section III Paragraph 20
CI should mark the candidate as absent.
End of radio broadcast & beginning of written tasks
20. About 10:45a.m.: RTHK completes broadcast of the test.
21. CI announces the end of the listening component and beginning of the
written tasks. Section III Paragraph 22
22. CI writes the actual starting time and correct finishing time on
blackboard (1 hour 15 min to complete the written tasks).
End of written tasks
23. Make the last 15 minutes announcement.
Section III Paragraph 23
24. Make the last 5 minutes announcement.
25. Make the “Pens down” announcement. Section III Paragraph 24
After the examination
26. Dismiss the candidates only if the number of scripts collected tallies Section III Paragraph 26
with the number of candidates present, and that all necessary stationery
(e.g. spare barcode labels) has been collected.
27. Place the answer scripts in the appropriate script envelopes. Sign on the
flap of the envelope across the tape and hand the envelopes to the Centre
Supervisor. Section III Paragraphs
28 and 29
28. Where necessary, inform the candidate after the examination to stay
behind to complete a special report.