Collin Matanowitsch Tiana DiMichele
Account Executive Business Communications Partner
MS&L Bayer Inc.
Bayer’s CONTOUR® USB Blood Glucose Meter Fact Sheet
What is Bayer’s CONTOUR USB?
Bayer’s CONTOUR® USB is the first and only blood glucose meter approved in Canada with USB
technology and integrated software. The meter plugs directly into a PC or MAC, providing users with
instant access to information that facilitates optimal diabetes management. The CONTOUR USB
meter is ideal for people who are highly engaged in managing their diabetes, particularly those who
use insulin who must check their blood glucose levels frequently. CONTOUR USB uses
Glucofacts® DELUXE software to facilitate diabetes data organization and management – enabling
analysis and easy visualization of glucose data that healthcare professionals and their patients can
What are the features of Bayer’s CONTOUR USB meter?
Easy to use advanced technology to make it easier to plug in, know more and take action:
New features make logging glucose readings an integrated part of the testing process, not an extra
· USB-connector plugs directly to a PC or MAC
· Integrated diabetes management software – Bayer’s Glucofacts
DELUXE software automatically loads when meter is plugged in
· Quick and easy data sharing – instant access to knowledge of
patterns and trends
· 2,000 test results can be stored supporting long-term tracking
· Errors displayed in words instead of codes
· Easy to read bright color display and lighted test strip port
· Date and time synchronization with the computer for accurate
· Rechargeable battery through USB via computer or optional wall
charger (NOTE: wall charger is provided separately)
· A built-in USB flash-drive with 500MB of memory for personal files
Includes all of the features of Bayer’s CONTOUR blood glucose monitoring system:
Based on Bayer’s 40 years of experience in diabetes management, Bayer’s CONTOUR USB
provides the same benefits of the CONTOUR system, including:
· No Coding™ technology
· Fast 5-second test time
· Small blood sample size (0.6 µL)
· No interference from maltose, galactose* and oxygen
· Automatic correction for hematocrit** and many common interfering substances
(e.g., ascorbic acid, acetaminophen)
- more -
What are the benefits of Bayer’s CONTOUR USB?
Simply plug in to smart testing:
· Bayer’s new Glucofacts DELUXE software provides
information in a way that helps to easily identify patterns
in blood glucose such as hypo-glycemic events, post
meal glucose spikes and trouble spots throughout the
day. This may help people with diabetes and health care
professionals in the decision making process for
appropriate disease management.
· Provides an overview that can help people with diabetes
lower their A1C (an average assessment of blood sugar
levels over the past three months). Use of Bayer’s data
management software has been shown to significantly
lower A1C levels. A sustained reduction in A1C levels could lead to potential long-term cost
· Intuitive controls and the AutoLog feature make written, incomplete log books a thing of the
Easy to read bright AutoLog allows for easy Easy to understand
color display pre- and post-meal marking alerts and reminders
Customizable reminders Automated logging helps
track average readings and
highs and lows, providing
Where is Bayer’s CONTOUR USB available?
Bayer's CONTOUR USB will be available for purchase online at www.bayercontourusb.ca or at
selected retail pharmacies.
* No interference has been observed with the CONTOUR test strips tested with maltose and
galactose concentrations up to 6.54 mmol/L and 12.43 mmol/L respectively.
** CONTOUR test strip results are not significantly affected by hematocrit levels in the range of 0
per cent to 70 per cent.
Janssen M. Portalalin M, Wallace J, et al.: Ascensia WinGLUCOFACTS™ Professional Software Improves Diabetes Health
Outcomes. J Diabetes Sci Technol 2007: 1:47-53.