Technology Lease Proposals
Description of process
1. District requests lease project via OCM BOCES RIC. District must belong to the
RIC services Coser in which the lease will fall under. (usually instructional)
2. Lease amount (‘Not to exceed’) and financing options discussed by OCM
Business Office and district Business Official. District may decide at this point or
after the proposal on amount of resolution. When the decision is made, resolutions
are necessary from both District Board and OCM Board. The District Resolution
template is provided by the OCM BOCES Business Office.
3. RIC develops detailed proposal listing leaseable and non-leaseable fees. This is
the same as the existing project process which may involve meetings and
walkthroughs with district personnel. *note- It is assumed that all leased items are
readily available through current OCM or OGS contracts. Special purchases may
require unique bids which will effect the lease project timelines.
4. District receives proposal outlining purchases and all associated costs. Totals will
be split out by leaseable amounts (hardware and software), non-leaseable
amounts: project management, insurance, installation on going maintenance, if
applicable. Non-leaseable amounts must be paid in the current year as an RIC
Adjustment to Services Contract.
5. Signed proposal for all fees sent to the RIC and Adjustment to Services Contract
form for non-leaseable fees sent to the Business Office by the District.
6. OCM to develop and send packet to SED for approval. The packet will include
both Board resolutions. SED approval must be obtained before any purchases
orders are created.
7. OCM processes bid for financing of the lease.
8. OCM will produce purchase orders after SED approval and most current pricing
is obtained. The fees for this process are included in the RIC Project
9. OCM awards financing bid, obtains legal opinion and enters into a financial
agreement with the lease holder.
10. District to provide additional Adjustment to Services contract letter to Business
Office for lease amount after payment schedule has been established.
11. * District will provide packing slips for received equipment to the RIC as soon as
12. OCM will provide invoices to lease holder for payment.
13. OCM will inventory the equipment.