Google Earth and Math Activity Ideas
1. Fly to your school ___________________Tucson, Arizona
Try to be between 500 and 600 meters above the school.
Use the Ruler tool:
Measure the length of the parking lots and add them
Measure and estimate the area of the school building.
Measure the playground figure out the area.
Any other ideas for the school?
2. Put in your address and figure out the route you take
home from school. Measure the distance from school to
home using path on the ruler tool.
Use the directions and put in the school address and
then your address and see if you come up with the same
Play the route and watch it move.
3. Find the area or perimeter of a State.
4. Take the same path as Lewis and Clark using place
markers. Calculate the distances between each stopping
5. Go to an amusement park figure out the area of the
park, estimate amount of cars that could be parked in
the lot, from that estimate how many people could in
at the park on any given day. Estimate the height of a
Roller Coaster at the park.
Any thing else you can think of?
6. How big are the 7 major land forms and what is the
square miles of each of those land forms?
7. Take a trip down the Mississippi River, Colorado
River, or any other major river in the world locate
cities or towns on the river and the distance between
8. Create a scavenger hunt of places to fly to and then
activity when they arrive.
These are just a few ideas that I came up with on my own,
Check out the websites to find even more ideas.