Unity Reader Quick Start Guide
evolving the information experience
W e L C o m e t o e b R a R y ’ S u n i t y R e a d e R a n d q u i C k V i e W ™!
SyStemS RequiRementS G e t t i n G S ta R t e d 4. navigate through the book with
the table of contents, which
• Minimum Java Standard Edition 1. Create a personal bookshelf in provides chapter-level search
Runtime Environment 1.6 (JRE order to create and save highlights, results. Go to each occurrence
version 6).* notes, and hyperlinks. of your search term, flip through
• Linux, Windows XP, Windows Vista. pages, and go to specific page
• Mozilla Firefox version 2.0 or higher, 2. Search using simple or advanced, numbers. Navigate to highlights,
or Windows Internet Explorer version by keyword, full-text, publisher, notes, and hyperlinks using the
6 or higher. author, and more. View results Notes panel.
• Cookies enabled 5. Launch the ebrary Reader
• Pop-up blockers allow *.ebrary.com 3. instantly open and explore for added functionality including
documents with quickView by printing, copying text, and
* Not required for QuickView clicking on the title name or image. InfoTools™, by clicking on the
No downloads or installations ebrary Reader™ button.
1 4 5 4
Instantly open and explore documents
with QuickView by clicking on the title
name or image. No downloads or
installations are required!
6. use infotools to link to other 8. Highlight, take notes, and additionaL ReSouRCeS
online resources, which may transform text into hyperlinks to
have been customized by your other online resources. Create
Sign up for ebrary’s live web-based
institution. Many InfoTools menu multiple highlights and notes per
training program at http://www.ebrary.
items can be activated by selecting page, resize and move notes,
words of interest in a document. highlight with or without notes
attached, and color code notes and
7. Copy/paste and print with For Customer Support, please
highlights. All highlights, notes, and
automatic citations. Use click on the “Help” link or email
hyperlinks are automatically stored
Preferences on the InfoTools menu email@example.com.
on your personal bookshelf if you
to select among four different are signed in.
styles. Citations include URLs back
to the source. 9. manage your research by
creating folders in your bookshelf
and dragging books, highlights,
and notes by icon into the
Launch the ebrary Reader for added functionality including printing, copying
text, and InfoTools, by clicking on the ebrary Reader button from the search
results or QuickView.
7 4 8 4