French Revolution Test Study Guide
Test Make up
10 multiple choice (10 points)
10 matching (10 points)
5 True and False (10 points)
5 Essay questions (30 points)
Topics to know
Causes of the French Rev, King Louis XVI, Marie Antoinette, Storming of the Bastille, Declaration
of the Rights of Man and Citizen, Robespierre, Foreign enemies/allies, impact of American
Revolution on France, Estates General, The Guillotine, be VERY VERY familiar with the setup and
details of the Estate System and each Estate.
You will have to answer ALL questions to answer for this test!
26. Please explain how the Declaration of the Rights of Man and Citizen was directly
impacted by the ideas of the Enlightenment.
27. Please list two examples of how the French Revolution embraced the ideas of the
Enlightenment and then two examples of how the French Revolution betrayed the ideas
of the Enlightenment.
28. Please explain the Estates System in place before the French Revolution and how it was
a main cause of the French Revolution.
29. Please explain the role of Maximilian Robespierre and the Committee of Public Safety in
the French Revolution.
30. Explain what the “Republic of Virtue” tried to accomplish and what it did.
Remember that you can write practice answers to the short
answer questions and I will look them over with you. However,
YOU NEED TO MAKE THE COMMITMENT OUTSIDE OF REGULAR
CLASS HOURS. I will be more than happy to meet with you
BEFORE, AFTER, or DURING YOUR STUDY HALL. SEE ME!