QUEEN’S UNIVERSITY AT KINGSTON
DEPARTMENT OF MATHEMATICS AND STATISTICS
Annual Progress Report Form for Ph.D. Program
DUE: 1st DECEMBER
Date of initial registration: Current year of study:
Please report briefly but informatively under the headings provided below. Not all of the headings
will necessarily apply to you, but we would like some information under those that do.
ATTACH ADDITIONAL PAGES IF NECESSARY.
1. List the courses you took or are taking this calendar year:
Course number & title Term Instructor
2. List the reading you have done outside that required for the courses listed above:
Indicate if complete
Book and author Chapters/topics
3. List the seminars and colloquia you have attended or are attending this calendar year:
Seminar Term Organizer Did you lecture?
4. List the internal course/seminar presentations you have made this calendar year:
Title/topic of lecture Term Instructor/Organizer Duration of lecture
5. Provide details on other relevant activities (conferences attended, publications, TA duties, etc.) during
this calendar year.
6. Indicate below which program requirements you have NOT yet satisfied:
Requirement Timeline for completion of requirement after initial registration in Ph.D. program
□ Breadth By the end of the eighth month
□ Depth By the end of the 24th month at the latest
□ Language (if applicable) By the end of the 24th month at the latest
□ Comprehensive Between the 18th and 24th month at the latest
□ Thesis and defense By the end of the 48th month
Complete and attach the required Program Sheets if necessary. Program sheets can be found at
Provide an explanation if you will not or have already missed completing a requirement within the time
frame listed above.
7. Describe the progress you have made on your research/thesis writing this calendar year.
Date by which you anticipate defending your thesis:________________________
Details on our graduate program requirements can be found at http://www.mast.queensu.ca/graduate/guidelines.php.
A copy of the Guidelines on the Roles and Responsibilities in Graduate Supervision is also available online at
http://www.queensu.ca/sgsr/files/gradsupguid.pdf. Supervisors and graduate students should be familiar with both documents.
DATE SIGNATURE OF STUDENT
Supervisor: Your signature below indicates that you have reviewed this form and discussed any concerns you may have with
your student. Furthermore you are also acknowledging that you have discussed the program requirements with your student
and that you are aware of the timelines for completion of those requirements (see #6 above). If necessary, attach a separate
page explaining any concerns that you would like to bring the Graduate Committee's attention at this time.
DATE SIGNATURE OF SUPERVISOR
REF: Graduate Reviews/Forms/ANNUAL PROGRESS REPORT FORM