SICK LEAVE PAYOUT INFORMATION
Based on Bargaining Unit’s Contract
Formula for Set
Employee Sick Leave Work Minimum Rate Maximum Comments
Group Daily Rate Year per Day Payment
ATU $5,126.50/Work $5,126.50 Must be
(Transportation) Year full-time
BUILDING, .0015 X Annual 245 $31.63 $7,750.00
CWA Use Minimum 245 $31.63 $7,750.00
.0015 X Annual 240 $30.00 $7,200.00
DAEOP Salary 220 $30.00 $6,600.00
200 $30.00 $6,000.00
DCTA Use Minimum
(Teachers) Rate 184 $76.09 $14,000.00
DSNA Annual Salary/
(Food Service) Work Year 190 $4,550.00
FACILITY .0015 X Annual 245 $31.63 $7,750.00
VTF $14,000/Work $14,000.00
Administrators .0015 X Annual $90.13 No Max.
Military Science Use Minimum
Rate 184 $76.09 $14,000.00
Non-Affiliated .0015 X Annual Steps 1-21 $26.00 No Max.
Salary Steps 22-30 $36.00
ProTech .0015 X Annual Steps 1-18 $37.00 No Max.
Salary Steps 19-39 $61.00
Safety & None $36.00 No Max.
1. Sick leave/personal days are paid out at a fixed daily rate or at a formula whichever is
greater. Employee cannot be paid out above the contracted work year days or the set
2. Annual salary includes increments, training and longevity, but not stipends.
3. Only employees taking a regular or early retirement are eligible for sick/personal
leave paid out. Employees taking deferred retirements or affiliate retirements are not.
4. Employees are allowed to defer all (-20 days for timesheet lag) or part of their sick
leave to a TSA or 457(b) as long as they do not go over the TSA and 457(b) annual
limits – $22,000 for over 50. There are also Special Catch-ups provisions for the
403(b) and 457(b). This Special Catch-up is for individuals who have worked with
the District for over 15 years or more and have not taken advantage of their tax-
deferral opportunities in the past.
5. Sick leave which is paid out in a lump sum is taxed at 31%.