PEPSI USBC YOUTH CHAMPIONSHIPS
RULES AND FORMAT WORKSHEETS
11 AND UNDER ONLY
State/Zone: ARKANSAS/ZONE 2 Rules and Format: Sectional Level
1.This tournament is certified by the United States Bowling Congress (#4022) and shall be governed by USBC
2. League level qualifying dates are October 3rd through October 16th and November 7th through November 20th,
2009. Advancement from league is a one-time entry. If an individual qualified cannot participate in this
competition,replacements will be eligible based on order of finish in previous competition. Replacement must
advance from the same league and window based on order of finish. Participants must be a USBC Youth
3. Advancement ratio from league competition to sectional competition is at least 1 for every 3 entries per
division, per league, or major fraction thereof, including last place ties.(Example: If there are four participants
in a division, only one bowler can qualify and advance to the sectional competition. If there are five
participants, then you may qualify two bowlers for that division.) The base number for each division is the
number of league members that would have participated in that division. In all cases at least one person per
division shall advance. The advancement ratio shall be applied uniformly to all eligible divisions. ,
4. Advancers out of the league level must remain in the division they qualified in during all subsequent
levels. If a bowler advances out of league level in more than one state/zone, the bowler must declare one
state/zone to continue competing before the next competition level. Participation in any level of
competition past the league level in more than one state/zone will result in automatic disqualification.
5. Competition will take place at Driftwood Lanes, 2998 Hwy 62 E., Mountain Home, AR 72653 on March
21st, 2009, Phone: 870-492-5002. Squad Starting Time: To be announced after entry deadline and
prior to the tournament. Squad times will be announced by mail to the centers with the tournament
6. Entry closing date is January 13th, 2009 . Tournament entry form containing qualifiers' name, address,
telephone number, date of birth and social security number must be submitted by this date to the tournament
7. Divisions are based on the participant's age as of August 1,2008. Competition shall be conducted in the
Following divisions: Ages 11 and Under Boys’ Handicap and Girls’ Handicap. Ages 11 and under only
advance to the Athletes must choose the division in which they will compete. The upper age limit is waived
for the mentally challenged. Competition shall be conducted in the following divisions: Ages 11 and Under
Boys’ Handicap and Girls’ Handicap. Ages 11 and under only advance to the sectional level. Ages 12 and up
go directly to state. 12 and up athletes must choose the division in which they will compete. ***Bowlers in
the 12 and above age division who have an average of 211 or higher MUST compete in the Scratch
division.*** Athletes are not mandated to be USBC Junior Gold members to enter the Scratch Division.
However, athletes must be USBC Junior Gold members or be eligible and buy membership prior to
advancement to the USBC Junior Gold Championships
8. The tournament format shall be: Ages 11 and under only and shall bowl three games and will remain on their
assigned pair for all three games. Total pin-fall for all three games, plus handicap, will determine winners in
9. Entry fee is: Ages 11 and under:
Lineage $ 5.00
Expense $ 6.50
Awards $ 4.50
TOTAL $ 16.00
Awards and Scholarship fees shall be returned 100% to the bowlers. Scholarships will be held in
SMART. USBC National Headquarters, 621 Six Flags Drive, Arlington, TX 76011.
SMART account number: 8511
(* USBC Rules 301d and 309 states that all scholarships must be deposited in the SMART Program)
10. All bowlers must wear suitable attire. No hats/caps allowed. No smoking by guests or athletes on the
concourse or in the settee area, only in designated areas.
11. No substitutes will be permitted once athletes have started tournament play. However, replacements may
be used for bowlers not present 15 minutes prior to the squad time as stated in Rule 2. Replacements must
be from the same window, same league and same centers as to the "no-show" bowler. They must
follow the order of advancement within that window/league.
12. Competitors shall be allowed 2 practice ball(s) on each of their starting lanes.
13. If no replacement has been made, bowlers arriving late shall begin play and the score shall count beginning
with the frame being bowled. Missed frames shall be credited with a zero. Frames may not be made-up.
Bowlers not present to bowl when it's their turn will be credited with a zero for that frame.
14. Bowlers shall use their highest current certified league average, minimum of 21 games, as of December 23rd,
2009. If the minimum has not been met, the bowler will present a league standing sheet dated closest to the
date of competition. All averages must be verified by a standing sheet. If an athlete only has a sport average,
the average will be average adjusted using USBC average adjustment chart.
15. Handicap shall be 100% of the difference between the bowlers' average and 210.
16. Only bowlers and tournament officials shall be permitted in the settee area.
17. Ties will be broken by a one game roll-off. Should a tie still exist, it will be broken by an additional ninth and
10th frame roll-off, plus one/tenth of handicap per frame where applicable. (Refer to rule 326a).
18. Claims for errors in scoring or general playing rules must be made to the tournament director no later than the
start pf the next block or 30 minutes after the completion of competition. Questionable errors shall be decided
upon by the tournament director. All other protests must be confirmed in writing to the tournament director
within 72 hours of the infraction. Under this rule, each protest must be specific in itself.
19. Symbolic awards will be given as follows: Trophies or Plaques for 1 out of every 5 entries or major fraction
20. Scholarships will be awarded as follows: 1st Place winner in each division - $100.00; 2nd Place winner in each
division - $50.00.
21. Advancement ratio: There is no advancement after sectional tournament.
22. All matters not covered by these rules and regulations shall be determined by the State/Zone Pepsi USBC
Youth Championships Tournament Committee. The National Pepsi USBC Youth Championships Tournament
Committee reserves the right to accept or reject any participant.
Lou Hill, Tournament Director
301 Bomber Blvd
Mountain Home, AR 72653