We are currently seeking a Lead Process Engineer to join our Heavy Oil and Thermal Facilities
Team (including SAGD and CSS) at our Calgary head office.
• Successful candidate will be Professional Engineer (P. Eng.)
• Chemical Engineering or related Engineering degree
• Minimum 7-10 years oil and gas experience (with EPCM background)
• Must possess strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Broad exposure to heavy oil facility design and construction related to field facilities (production
pads, wells and flowlines) and processing facilities (steam generation, production treatment of
bitumen, water and gas)
• Process design experience including process mass balances, process flow diagrams and
process support services.
• Systems design experience including piping and instrument diagrams, cause and effect
diagrams, hazard and operability design reviews and systems support services.
• Proficiency with HYSYS and related simulation software.
• Leadership, mentorship and coordination of intermediate and junior process personnel
• Execute Feasibility Studies / Conceptual Design / Process Studies
• Process simulations & modeling of oil processing facilities.
• Developing and stamping of key design documents (Material Balance, PFD’s, P&ID’s,
• Line sizing; PSV sizing; Preparation of equipment process data sheets.
• Conduct P&ID/HAZOP reviews; generate control narratives; prepare start-up/operating manual
Calgary is home to virtually every major Canadian oil & gas company, and is the hub for the
majority of facility projects in the industry. Clients include several of the top ten largest oil & gas
producers in Canada – and the successful candidate will work with these types of clients. Equinox
Clients include several of the top ten largest oil & gas producers in Canada, and we are executing
a wide range of sweet gas, sour gas, conventional oil, heavy oil facility and pipeline projects.
We offer an excellent compensation, benefit, holiday and bonus package, working in the exciting
Calgary business environment and we welcome new additions to our team.