Wisconsin Healthcare Account Quality Management System
Level 3 – Create an xml from xls document for ADRCs
MEDS – LTCare Encounter Reporting 2.7
Create an xml from xls document for ADRCs
First, save the “Create an xml from xls document for ADRCs” to your local drive, and
follow the steps below:
Test file 8 rows
1. Save the template ADRC.xml or open ADRC.txt and save it as .xml to your local drive.
2. Open Excel.
3. Open your Excel data document (Data must be in the corresponding xml columns. A
Test file .xls is attached (shown above). Reformat Excel data columns if necessary.
4. Click on data tab in the toolbar.
5. Select xml then xml source to open the xml source pane.
6. At the bottom of the xml source pane, click on xml maps.
7. In the window click on add.
8. Select the ADRC template from your local drive.
9. Click open.
10. Click OK for a schema to be created.
11. Click OK for the map to be added or rename it and then click OK.
12. Click on cell A1 then right click on submission_type in the source panel
13. Click on map element
14. In the pop up box, make sure it has A1 then click OK.
15. Click on cell B1 then right click folder header_record in the source panel.
16. Click on map element.
17. In the pop up box, it should have B1:F1 click OK.
18. In the pop up box click match element data type
19. Click on cell G1 and highlight the cells G1 through AG1.
20. Using the toolbar or the right click mouse function ‘insert cell’ and use option shift cells
down. This must be done to allow for multiple details records without losing the first record.
21. Click on cell G1 then right click on folder detail_record.
22. Select map element.
23. In the pop up box, it should have G1:AG1 click OK.
24. In the pop up box click match element data type
25. Click in any blank cell and save as EX: 00000132 qtr 1 2008 (whatever you want to call the
xml file) select xml data as the file type from the dropped down options. Do not save as
26. Click save.
27. Click Continue in the pop up ‘you will loose Excel functions’.
28. Open with xml editor, xml spy (if you have it) or notepad to view your file.
29. Your file is ready for submission.
Revision Date: 02/07/2008 Author: Charles Rumberger Approver:
D:\Docstoc\Working\pdf\5ec84e47-efd5-4d45-b141-ec0aae7a8e55.doc Page 1 of 1