HUDSON VALLEY COMMUNITY COLLEGE BID# ________________
OFFICE OF BUSINESS SERVICES PRC# ________________
REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL ISSUANCE FORM office use only
In 1989, and amended in 1992, the Rensselaer County Legislature passed Local Law No. 2, the County Ethics Law. Hudson Valley Community College is required to adhere to the County Ethics
Public officials of Rensselaer County, and the spouse, child, stepchild, brother, sister, parent, and/or dependent of a public official or employee of Rensselaer County are prohibited from any
business dealings with Hudson Valley Community College to include buying, selling, renting, leasing, or otherwise acquiring from or dispensing to Hudson Valley Community College, any goods,
services or property.
1. RFP's must be initiated for amounts in excess of $ 5000 for professional services, construction, facilities services.
2. Allow at least FOUR TO SIX weeks for RFP's published and printed. An additional THREE weeks must be allowed between publishing of advertisement and opening date.
3. If a RFP requires installation/labor on campus by other than College employees, EIGHT weeks advance of published date must be given to allow a Wage Schedule to be obtained from the
Department of Labor. A list of occupations required for the schedule MUST be included; ex., construction, mason, electrician, etc.
4. No trade or brand names may be used without prior approval of two-thirds vote of the Board of Trustees. Reference may be indicated for identification for use of Office of Business Services.
5. ONLY EQUIPMENT APPROVED FOR PURCHASE BY THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES MAY BE SUBMITTED FOR PROPOSAL.
6. Any request which does not appear on the list and has been approved by a transfer of funds must be accompanied by a copy of the approved transfer of funds.
7. Only TYPED proposal requests and specifications will be accepted. Forms available in the Office of Business Services, HRC 435.
8. In those RARE instances where the apparent low bidder is not accepted by the initiator of the proposal, a DETAILED explanation with SPECIFIC reasons must be sent forth in writing and
submitted to the Director of Business Services, who will seek additional approval from the Chief Fiscal Officer and the Rensselaer County Attorney.
COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING:
TYPE: ___________ PROFESSIONAL SERVICES ____________ CONSTRUCTION SERVICES ____________ OTHER
1. Description and use for request
2. Installation required by off-campus workers _____ Yes _____ No
3. Anticipated Cost $_______________ Budget Code______________ Grant Number_______________ Expiration date of grant _________________
Anticipated delivery/completion date ____________________ Contract term: _______________________________________
4. Name(s) of department/division representative(s) responsible for::
a. development of proposal specifications _______________________________________________________________________________
b. off-campus reference for proposal specifications ________________________________________________________________________
c. review and analysis of proposals received ____________________________________________________________________________
List FIVE responsible vendors plus addresses:
Requested by: Name and Title ext. Approved by: Dean or Dept. Chairperson
Phone ext. __________________ FAX no.__________________