1. A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song. Maya Angelou
2. A closed mouth gathers no foot.
3. A man is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
4. A person who knows how to laugh at himself will never cease to be amused.
5. A person wrapped up in himself is overdressed.
6. A person wrapped up in himself makes a small package. Harry Emerson Fosdick
7. A smile is a curve that sets everything straight.
8. A smile is contagious; be a carrier.
9. A teacher is one who makes himself progressively unnecessary. Thomas Caruthers
10. All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing.
11. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest. ~Benjamin Franklin
12. As long as there are tests, there will be prayer in public schools.
13. Between the optimist and the pessimist, the difference is droll. The optimist sees the doughnut; the pessimist
the hole! Mclandburgh Wilson
14. Carpe Diem—Seize the day!
15. Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a
desire, a dream, a vision. ~ Muhammad Ali
16. Character is made by many acts; it may be lost in a single one.
17. Children seldom misquote you. In fact, they usually repeat word for word what you shouldn't have said.
18. Colors are the smiles of nature. Leigh Hunt
19. Competing in sports has taught me that if I'm not willing to give 120 percent, somebody else will. ~
20. Creativity is the sudden cessation of stupidity.
21. Democracy does not guarantee equality of conditions - it only guarantees equality of opportunity.
22. Do illiterate people get the full effect of Alphabet soup?
23. Don’t be afraid of pressure. Remember that pressure is what turns a lump of coal into a diamond.
24. Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together. Oprah Winfrey
25. Education is when you read the fine print. Experience is what you get if you don't.
26. Enthusiasm is contagious. It’s difficult to remain neutral or indifferent in the presence of a positive thinker.
27. Even a woodpecker owes his success to the fact that he uses his head.
28. Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. - Will Rogers
29. Every job is a self-portrait of the person who does it. Autograph your work with excellence.
30. Everyone has a photographic memory, some just don't have film!
31. Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is like expecting the bull not to charge because you
are a vegetarian.
32. Falling down doesn’t make you a failure; but staying down does.
33. For success, try aspiration, inspiration, and perspiration.
34. Friendship is like two clocks keeping time.
35. Great ideas often receive violent opposition from mediocre minds
36. I didn't lose my mind; I sold it on eBay.
37. I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody. Bill Cosby
38. If at first you don't succeed, do it like your mother told you.
39. If the #2 pencil is the most popular, why is it still #2?
40. If you ever need a helping hand, look at the end of your arm.
41. If you feel “dog tired” at night, maybe it’s because you “growled” all day.
42. If you think education is expensive, try ignorance! ~Andy McIntyre
43. If you think you’re too small to make a difference, you’ve never been in bed with a mosquito.
44. Ignorance is always swift to speak.
45. Imagination was given to a man to compensate him for what he is not. A sense of humor was provided to
console him for what he is.
46. In life, as in football, you won’t go far unless you know where the goal posts are.
47. It is better to be silent and considered a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.
48. It is high time that the ideal of success should be replaced with the ideal of service. ~Albert Einstein
49. It's what you learn after you know it all that counts. ~ John Wooden
50. Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see the shadow. Helen Keller
51. Knowledge is realizing that the street is one-way, wisdom is looking both directions anyway
52. Laughter is the only tranquilizer with no side effects.
53. Laughter translates into any language.
54. Learn to laugh at yourself and you’ll always be amused.
55. Learn to listen. Opportunity sometimes knocks very softly.
56. Life is 10 percent what you make it and 90 percent how you take it. Irving Berlin
57. Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
58. Never argue with a fool. Someone watching may not be able to tell the difference. – Anonymous
59. Never underestimate the power of stupid people in a large group.
60. No matter what other nations may say about the United States, immigration is still the sincerest form of flattery.
61. No one can be free who does not work for the freedom of others.
62. Nothing happens unless first we dream.
63. Nothing is particularly hard if you divide it into small jobs.
64. Nothing we do changes the past - everything we do changes the future.
65. One thing you can learn by watching the clock is that it passes the time by keeping its hands busy.
66. Opportunities are seldom labeled.
67. Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
68. Optimism is the cheerful frame of mind that enables a teakettle to sing, though in hot water up to its nose.
69. Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us. Earl Nightingale
70. Our days are identical suitcases—all the same size—but some can pack more into them than others.
71. People who have little to do are excessive talkers.
72. People who try to whittle you down are only trying to reduce you to their size.
73. Psychics never win the lottery. Why is that?
74. Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars. ~Les Brown
75. Sports do not build character. They reveal it. ~ John Wooden
76. The best thing to do behind a friend’s back is to pat it.
77. The company you keep will determine the trouble you meet.
78. The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits - Anonymous
79. The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little “extra.”
80. The future is that time when you’ll wish you’d done what you aren’t doing now.
81. The grass may look greener on the other side, but it still has to be mowed.
82. The mighty oak was once a little nut that stood its ground.
83. The most difficult secret for a man to keep is the opinion he has of himself.
84. The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.
85. The only preparation for tomorrow is the right use of today.
86. The person who knows HOW will always have a job. The person who knows WHY will always be his boss. Diane
87. The tassel's worth the hassle!
88. The way to get to the top is to get off your bottom.
89. The world is full of willing people: some willing to work, and the rest willing to let them.
90. There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
91. There are only 3 colors, 10 digits, and 7 notes; its what we do with them that's important. Ruth Ross
92. Things could be worse. Suppose your errors were counted and published every day, like those of a baseball
93. Think! It may be a new experience.
94. Those who wish to sing, always find a song. Swedish Proverb
95. Time flies. It is up to you to navigate.
96. To learn to succeed, you must first learn to fail.-Michael Jordan
97. To win you have to have talent and desire ~ but desire is first
98. Two things are hard on the heart—running upstairs and running down people.
99. Unless you can question your own beliefs, you have no place questioning the beliefs of others.
100. We are all manufacturers. Making good, making trouble, or making excuses. H.V. Adolt
101. We master our minutes or we become slaves to them; we use time, or time uses us. ~ William A. Ward
102. When they put unknown at the end of a quote, that means they probably don't no how to spell anonymous" –
103. When things go wrong, don’t go wrong with them.
104. Whether a glass is half full or half empty depends on the attitude of the person looking at it.
105. Why do they call the small candy bars the "fun sizes"? Wouldn't be more fun to eat a big one?
106. Why is it that when you transport something by car, it's called a shipment, but when you transport something
by ship, it's called cargo?
107. Why isn't chocolate considered a vegetable, if chocolate comes from cocoa beans, and all beans are a
108. Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind.
109. Words can be like baseball bats when used maliciously.
110. You cannot climb the ladder of success dressed in the costume of failure. Zig Ziglar
111. You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose.
You’re on your own. And you know what you know. You are the guy who’ll decide where to go. Dr. Seuss
112. You will find the key to success under the alarm clock. Benjamin Franklin
113. Your companions are like the buttons on an elevator. They will either take you up or they will take you down.