Start Your Engines
MarcoPolo Search Engine Scavenger Hunt
Practice: You’re a health teacher and curious to know what topics MarcoPolo covers for
Health. You clicked on power search and on Browse Subjects. Name 5 different topics
that are covered under health. ______________________________________________
You’re a 6-8 teacher and looking for lesson plans on geometry. How many lessons plans
are there?___________ How many resources that aren’t lesson plans are there?
1. What is the title of the K-2 lesson plan under the Econ Ed link that describes the types of
jobs you would see at a dog kennel.
2. Go to the activities under Xpedition: You are a 9-12 grade teacher. Name the lesson plan
that meets geographic standard 15.
3. Science NetLinks has a super Weekly Science Update. This week’s update highlights a
topic on Healing Grapes. In one sentence, what part of the grape has healing power and
what does it do?
4. Go to the “Virtual World, Great Barrier Reef”. What happens when you click “Dive
5. I’m a 6-8th grade Social Studies teacher and looking for resources on the topic World War
II. How many lessons plans can you find? __________ How many resources? _______
6. Go to the Atlas Map under Xpedition. What different ways can you customize the map:
7. Illuminations feature a Math-let called “Expression Pan Balance”. This interactive tool
investigates the important concept of ______________________________
8. List two foreign language lesson plans.
9. You’re a third grade teacher, and one of your themes for the year is cycles. How many
lesson plans and resources are there?__________
10. In the Read/Write/Think site, “Can you Convince Me? Developing Persuasive Writing”
what type of student assessment is used?_______________