Expression of Interest for Empanelment of
Pondicherry (now Puducherry) Tourism has branded its product for over a
decade through highly acclaimed campaigns winning over 20 regional, national
and international awards, requiring the highest standards of advertising
The Department invites Expression of Interest/Request for Proposal
(EOI/RFP) from reputed advertising companies/agencies and independent
advertising consultants who have held senior positions in the field (national
level) with at least 15 years experience with a proven track record of large
accounts with medium and large business houses on major national campaigns,
especially for niche products in the Tourism/Hospitality Industry for complete
seamless solutions through innovative creatives, astute media planning, cost
effective media buying across all mass media. This would be delivered by a
creative team preferably in Chennai or Puducherry with INS accreditation.
The EOI/RFP contains the application format, qualifying criteria. Selection
criteria may be downloaded from http://tourism.pondicherry.gov.in.
EOI/RFP should be submitted from interested parties to the Director,
Tourism Department, No.40, Goubert Avenue, Puducherry – 605 001 on or
The Department of Tourism, Government of Puducherry reserves the right
to reject any or all the proposals without assigning any reason thereof. Any
form of canvassing, from any source whatsoever, shall invite immediate
DIRECTOR OF TOURISM
Expression of Interest/Request for Proposal from
Department of Tourism, Government of Puducherry invites Expression of
Interest/Request for Proposal from Creative and Advertising Agencies, who can
handle the print, audio, digital advertisements and outdoor activities and give
complete solutions through excellent creatives, media planning, media buying
etc. to our advertising requirements in various media.
Last date for receipt of application forms : 19.04.2010.
QUALIFYING CRITERIA FOR AGENCIES:
The Creative and Advertising Agencies (referred as the Agency hereinafter)
meeting the following minimum qualifying criteria are eligible to apply. Agencies
which do not meet the following qualifying criteria will be rejected at the first
1. The retained earnings, net of payments to third parties/sub-contractors, of
the Agency should not be less than Rs.10 crores per year for last 3 years
(2006–07, 2007-08 and 2008 –09). (Attach Chartered Accountant’s
Certificate/ copies of Audited Balance Sheet, P&L Accounts and IT Return
Statement of each year).
2. The Agency should be an empanelled advertising agency currently for at least
two public /private sector company/organization.
3. The Agency should have Indian Newspaper Society (INS) accreditation.
4. The Agency should have a representative/registered office at Chennai or
Puducherry with the required infrastructure for handling an account of a
5. The Agency should have experience of at least FIVE (5) years of working on
Advertising, preferable in tourism sector and minimum staff strength of 15
with suitable long experience.
6. It should have an independent creative and media planning team in Chennai
or Puducherry and facilities to plan and execute campaigns in all media viz.
print, television, radio, internet, outdoor exhibition/events, direct marketing,
below the line advertising, web designing, printing of publicity.
7. The Agency should have the resources to handle multi-media, multi-lingual
publicity campaigns, with proficiency and proof reading facilities in all major
Indian languages (please attach proof).
8. The Agency should not have been be blacklisted by any Central /State
Government / Public Sector Undertaking, Govt. of India.
9. The Agency should not be involved in any major litigation that may have an
impact of affecting or compromising the delivery of services as required
under this expression of interest and in the execution of this contract.
QUALIFYING CRITERIA FOR CONSULTANTS
1. They should have held significant national level position as a professional in
the industry with at least 15 years of experience.
2. They should have an impressive track record in the field (Advertising/Media/
Marketing) with national campaigns for major products, preferably tourism.
3. They should worked as a consultant for at least 3 years.
4. They should indicate that they can bring capable creative and media buying
teams together to make good marketing/branding concepts.
5. The consultant should show about a turnover of Rs.50 lakhs per year over the
past 3 years.
SCOPE OF WORK
The scope of work for the empanelled agencies shall be, but not limited to, the
1. Conceptualization and designing of creative campaigns for brand
reinforcement, extension, enhancement and promotion of tourism in the U.T
2. Designing layouts for
Outdoor Hoarding/Indoor Hoardings/Billboards.
Annual Reports/Press Booklets etc.
Tender Ads/Notices/Statutory Ads etc.
3. Developing creatives for release of advertisements in Print, electronic and
4. Development of TV Commercials and Radio Jingles.
5. Planning a cost effective Multi Media Campaign for “Puducherry Tourism”.
6. Release of advertisements in Print and Electronic channels.
7. Event Management Support for organizing various events/festivals and
support in attending various tourism and trade fairs and support in promoting
8. Support for PR activities in India.
9. Any other work related to media campaign, etc.
PROCEDURE FOR EMPANELMENT:
1. All the proposals received will be scrutinized to assess the eligibility based
on the qualifying criteria. Those proposals which do not meet the qualifying
criteria will be rejected, forthwith, or at any stage of detection.
2. The agencies fulfilling the eligibility criteria will be requested to make a
presentation of some of their recent creatives done by their Team, both for print
and electronic media. A specific theme may be given for the presentation by
Tourism Department, Govt. of Puducherry.
3. The agencies will be evaluated based on the following:
a. The agency's understanding of the Tourism Industry and of
b. Quality of Personnel, in term of experience, exposure to different
products, lengther service in industry.
c. Recent creative work done for print media/ Electronic Media
d. Recent posters/brochures on products designed by them especially for
e. TV Commercials/Radio Jingles made by them in last 18 months.
f. Availability of infrastructure facilities.
g. Media buying capabilities.
4. For those selected, the next stage will be a two bid process where there
will be a technical evaluation based on a theme given by the Department and
then the financial bid will be taken up.
5. The Tourism Department, Government of Puducherry will request the
Finance Bid from those agencies selected from the above presentation criteria.
The final selection of the agencies for empanelment will be done by the
Department of Tourism, Government of Puducherry based on the above.
The empanelled agencies will be required to provide services to the
Tourism Department, Government of Puducherry for routine ad releases. In the
event of specific launch of a media campaign, or for release of any other
advertisement, the Tourism Department, Govt. of Puducherry reserves the right
to contact any/all empanelled agencies to develop/submit creatives and also to
distribute the creative so developed amongst one or more agencies selected for
further release of the same to the media. The duration of empanelment shall be
initially for a period of one year which may be entirely at the discretion of the
Tourism Department, Govt. of Puducherry.
The Tourism Department, Govt. of Puducherry reserves the right to
terminate the services of any agency at any point of time without assigning any
Application forms, complete in all respects, may be sent in a sealed
envelope superscribed "Empanelment of Advertising Agency" addressed to The
Director Tourism Department, Government of Puducherry, No.40, Goubert
Avenue Puducherry – 605 001, Ph : 0413 – 2333590, 2227275, Fax : 0413 –
2221022, Email : firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 19.04.2010.
Tourism Department, Government of Puducherry reserves the right to
reject any or all the applications without assigning any reason
---- *** ----
APPLICATION FORMAT FOR EMPANELMENT OF ADVERTISING AGENCY
1. Name of the Agency/Consultant :
2. Address :
3. Name of the Proprietor/Partners/Directors :
4. Date of Establishment :
5. Whether accredited to INS :
(copy to be enclosed)
6. No. of years in advertising business :
7. No. of branches/offices (if any)
& their addresses :
8. Infrastructure : (At Chennai or Puducherry)
1. Creative Artists (Number) :
2. Client Servicing (Number) :
3. Other Staff (Number) :
4. Total (Number) :
9. Details of key personnel who will work on :
the Puducherry project with age, qualification,
experience (in years), notable skills and
10. Financial Position : 2006-2007 2007-2008 2008-2009
(i) *Retained earnings (Rs. in crores) :
(ii) Profit (Rs. in crores) :
(iii) Total Net Worth (Rs. in crores) :
(*The retained earnings, net of payments to third parties/sub-contractors)
(Copies of Audited balance sheets and Profit & Loss Accounts to be enclosed).
11. List of Major Corporate Clients Serviced :
(Give details of Corporate Clients having annual billing with your Agency of
Rs.1.50 crore and above).
SL NAME OF THE BILLINGS FOR BILLINGS FOR BILLINGS FOR
NO CLIENT 2006-07 2007-08 2008-09
12. Major campaigns handled during past two years, preferably in tourism sector
SL NAME OF THE CLIENT NATURE OF THE VALUE
NO CAMPAIGN (in Cr)
13. Give details of National / International awards in the field of advertising
received during preceding two years :
SL NAME OF THE DETAILS OF THE PRODUCT VALUE OF
NO AWARD AWARD CAMPAIGN
1st/2nd/3rd etc. (in Cr)
14. List of enclosures :
Date : (Authorized Signatory)
Place : Name :