PROFILE FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES OF TEHSILDAR’S OFFICE
1. The particulars of its function and duties.
a. The Tehsildar is the head of office of Tehsil Administration this office is one
head clerk, one Rev. Supervisor, 4 Nos of senior clerks, 4 Nos of Junior
Clerks, 3 Nos of Amins and 10 Nos of class IV staff in this Tehsil. There are
also 5 Nos of Revenue Inspector circles under the jurisdiction of this Tehsil
with one R.I. one ARI & One Collection peon for each R.I Circle as per yard
stick of Govt.
b. The following section are functioning it Tehsil office of Sadar, Sundargarh
Sl. Section Work Assign
Letter are received and issued through this
Establishment matter and work of its
3. Nizarat Cash, Stock, Store.
Regulate collection of Land Revenue,
Water rate (Rabi/Kharif) Lease, Auction
sale Temporary permit sairat sources of its
jurisdiction under O.M.M.C Rules.
Lease, Alienation, Demarcation of Govt.
Lease of House site and Agriculture Land
to homestead Less & Land persons and
6. Lease & Encroachment
booking Ench. Cases for encroachment of
7. Mutation Mutation for correction for R.O.R
8. O.P.D.R. Certificate cases under O.P.D.R. Act.
9. Section 19 (I) (C) OLR Act. Partition of holding among the co-shares.
Conversion of agriculture land to Non.
10. Section 8 (A) OLR Act.
Inspection, monthly staff meeting
11. General & Misc. compliance of District & Sub-Divisional
meetings, Panipanchayat etc.
Natural calamity case such as lightening
death, affected due to flood, famine
cyclone fire accident and damage due to
Caste / Resident / Income / Legal heir /
13. Misc. Certificate
Valuation / Solvency etc.
Filing counter in OJC and W.P (C) cases
14. Judical and other cases in the District Judge and
other Sub-ordinate courts.
15. Record Room Maps and Maintenance Record of Rights.
II. Power and duties of its Officers & Employees:-
Tehsildar and Addl. Tehsildar performs their duties as per the power conferred in
various Revenue laws, Acts Rules, Executive Instructions and guide lines of Govt. of
Orissa and Board of Revenue. To assist the Tehsildar and Addl. Tehsildar in their day
to day work of Tehsil administration the clerks & Bench clerks are working in
different section. There is also one revenue supervisor to supervise the work of
III. Procedure followed in decision making process including channels of
supervision and accountability:-
This office follows Revenue Acts & rules and Executive instructions issued by the
Govt. of Orissa and Board of Revenue, Revenue, Revenue Divisional Commissioner,
Collector and Sub-Collector issued from time to time. Work of this office is canalized
from the level of R.I. to Govt. of Orissa.
IV. The Norms set by it for the discharge of its functions:-
Meeting of field functionary as well as office staff is being held in every month to
discuss the problems and communicated the instructions discussed in the Dist.
Revenue meeting, Sub-Divisional Revenue meeting, Regular camps Courts are also
being held by the Tehsildar and Addl. Tehsildar in the R.I Circle & Village level for
speedy disposal of Revenue cases. Inspection of R.I. Office are also being conducted
for better guidance.
V. The Rules regulations instructions manuals and record held by it of under
its control or used by its employees for discharging its function:-
The Following Acts, Rules are held by it for discharging of its function.
1. ORM 11. Orissa Relief Code
Caste Certificate Rule of Orissa
2. MTA 12. Misc. of Orissa Misc. Certificate
3. OLR Act. 13. Misc. Certificate Rules
Regulation 2/56 and its
4. OPDR Act. 14.
amendment in 2002.
5. OPLE Act. 15. Orissa, Survive Code.
6. Irrigation Act. 16. OGFR.
7. Mutation Manual 17. Pension Rules
8. OGLS Rules 18. Orissa Treasury Code
Government Servant Conduct
9. OEA Act. 19.
Orissa Survey and Settlement
10. Tenancy Act. 20.
VI. A statement of the category of documents that are held by it or under its
There are three categories of documents held by this office they are:
(a) Category ‘A’ - all sorts of cases records held by the court of Tehsildar & Addl.
Tehsildar they are permanent in nature.
(b) Category ‘B’ - Category ‘B’ papers are destroyed after 12 years
(c) Category ‘C’ – Category ‘C’ papers are destroyed after 3 years.
Destruction is made as per the provision made in Para of Orissa Record
VII. The particulars of any arrangement made that exist for consolation with of
representation by the members of the public in relation to the formulation of its policy
or administration there of.
There is no such arrangement.
VIII. A statement of the boards councils, committees and other bodies consisting of
two of more persons constituted as its part or for the purpose of its advice and as to
whether meetings of those boards councils committees and other bodies are open to
the public or the minutes of such meetings are accessible for public.
There is no such bodies constituted.
IX. A directory of its officers & employees the monthly remuneration received by
each of it officers & employees including the system of compensation are provided in
Name of the officer/ Grass Net
of Designation Remarks
Employee Salary Salary
1. Pralhad Pradhan Tehsildar 13,568.00 7,865.00
2. U. Mohapatra Add. Tehsildar 14,378.00 10,696.00
3. Chinta Mani Sa Head Clerk 9,240.00 7,247.00
4. S. S Mohapatra Cr. Clerk 9,240.00 7,247.00
5. Amar Kishor Tirkey Cr. Clerk 9,451.00 5,153.00
6. Pradeep Kumar Naik Cr. Clerk 9,031.00 7,062.00
7. Mayadhar Chinara Cr. Clerk 9,240.00 7,439.00
8. Suryamani Kanthari Jr. Clerk 7,193.00 4,692.00
9. Kapileswar Besan Jr. Clerk 7,193.00 3,498.00
10. Saheb Naik Jr Clerk 7,185.00 3,630.00
11. Pankajini Mukhi Jr. Clerk 6,405.00 3,270.00
12. Binod Mahat Driver 8,505.00 5,326.00
13. Baneswar Biswal Revenue Supervisor 9,619.00 8,444.00
14. Amulya Ch. Behera R.I. 8,546.00 6,202.00
15. Golak Ch. Das R.I 6,784.00 5,281.00
16. Mathiyas Kullu R.I 5,478.00 3,434.00
17. Kumud Ch. Ray R.I 8,201.00 5,991.00
18. Anil Kumar Patel A.R.I 7,203.00 2,397.00
19. Md. Kharid Umar A.R.I 7,674.00 5,407.00
20. Arjun Seth A.R.I 7,054.00 4,634.00
21. Debendra Nath Das Amin 7,524.00 5,993.00
22. Harachand Patel Amin 7,524.00 2,462.00
23. Sundarmani Gashi Amin 7.075.00 4,925.00
24. Sradhakar Dila Peon 6,888.00 4,688.00
25. Srikanta Pujhari Peon 6,888.00 3,581.00
26. Nabin Kishor Bhitria Peon 6,720.00 4,242.00
27. Basanta Kumar Kisan Peon 7,011.00 5,770.00
28. Surendra Kalas Peon 6,840.00 3,433.00
29. Harisankar Kachharia Peon 6,840.00 5,171.00
30. Dhanamati Pradhan Peon 3,825.00 3,825.00
Sl. No. Post
1. H.C 1 1
2. R.S. 1 1
3. R.I. 4 6
4. Sr. Clerk 4 4
5. Jr. Clerk 4 7
6. Driver 1 1
7. Asst. R.I. 3 5
8. Amin 3 3
9. Peon 7 8
10. P.S 1 2
11. Chainman 1 2
12. Chowkidar 0 1
13. Sweeper 1 1
14. Daftary 0 1
XI. The Budget allocation to each of its agency indicating the particulars of plans
proposed expenditure report on disbursement made.
The Tehsil office has no agency hence there is no budget provision for agency
XII. The Manner of executing of sub-sidy programme including the amount
allocated and details of beneficiaries of such programme.
No such programme is working in Tehsil.
XII. Particulars of recipients of concession permits or authorization granted by it .
No Concession permit of authorization is granted to any recipient under any
scheme of programme of this Tehsil.
XIV. Details in respect of the information available to or held by it reduced in an
Computerization of land records (Records of Rights) is under process as per
decision of Govt.
XV. The particulars of facilities available to citizen for obtaining information
including working hours of library of reading room if maintained for public
There is no facilities of library of reading room maintained for public use.
XIV. the name designation and other particulars of the public information officer.
Sri Debarchan Thakur, A.S.O-Cum-Addl. Tehsildar, Sadar, Sundargarh
designated as Public Information Officer and Tehsildar, Sadar is the first
appellate authority. Under Right to information Act. – 2005