Create Payment Request
1. Highlight: Payments > Payment Requests > Create Payments.
2. This procedure demonstrates creating payments that are Non-Direct Loan awards.
To process a Payment Request for a Direct Loan, click the Create Payments - Direct
Loan function and follow the remaining steps in this procedure.
3. Decision: Are you a Servicer acting on behalf of a Payee? Or are you a Payee?
I am a Payee.
Go to step 4 on page 1
I am a Servicer.
Go to step 27 on page 3
4. Click the Create Payments function to open the Create Payment Request screen.
5. Click the Yes radio button to acknowledge if you have finished the Recipient Training.
6. Click the Submit button to confirm your selection.
7. The Create Payment Request screen opens and contains the following fields.
Click on any of the links below to view the column heading definitions
and important information.
1. Award No.:
2. Payment Amount:
3. Deposit Date:
4. Recipient Reference:
5. Available Balance:
6. Net Authorization:
7. Date of Last Draw:
8. Bank Account:
Note: Bold indicates that the field is required to initiate a payment request for that award.
8. Decision: Before processing the Payment Request, do you want to change/update the
Recipient Reference field for your award?
No. I want to just create a payment request.
Go to step 9 on page 2
Yes, I want to update the Recipient Reference field.
Go to step 29 on page 3
Date Created: 11/8/2007 Page 1
9. Click in the Payment Amount ($) field for the appropriate award to enter a payment
10. Enter the payment request amount into the Payment Amount ($) field.
Enter a valid value e.g. "250".
11. You may enter a second payment request for a different award directly on the Payment
Click in the Payment Amount ($) field for the next award (H000A070004).
12. Enter the payment request amount into the Payment Amount ($) field.
Enter a valid value e.g. "1001.57".
13. Click the Show Calendar Icon button to change the Deposit Date field for any of your
14. This Calendar selection is a new feature in G5.
There are three highlighted dates:
1. The Dark Grey (11th in the picture shown) is the date of the Payment Request.
2. The Dark Blue (13th shown) is the original Default Payment Request date (and cannot
be changed to a prior date).
3. The Light Grey (20th shown) is the newly selected (or highlighted) date.
15. The Default Date depends on the method of transmission (ACH or FedWire) and the time
of day that the Payment Request has been submitted.
16. Select the appropriate date you want the Funds deposited.
Click the appropriate date.
17. Click the Continue > button to review the payment requests entered on the Summary
18. The Summary Tab on the Create Payment Request screen opens.
Only the Awards that you have entered a Payment Request on the previous screens will
appear in this list.
Note that all of the fields (except Flag) are repeated on this screen.
One new field on this Screen is Offset.
19. Click the Vertical scrollbar to scroll down and view the Certification statement and
question to submit the Payment Request.
Page 2 Date Created: 11/8/2007
20. After reviewing and agreeing to the three-day statement to spend the funds appropriately,
click the Yes option to agree to the certification statement.
21. Note that clicking No will take you back to the Payment Request Screen and will not
process the payment request.
22. Click the Submit button to process the Payment Request.
23. The Confirmation page opens with a Control Number for each group of payment requests
grouped by payment requests with the same Status, Bank Account, and Deposit Date.
24. If multiple payment requests have been submitted with the same Deposit Date, Bank
Account, and Status then they would have one Control Number.
25. After reviewing the Confirmation Tab, click the Close button.
You have successfully learned how to create a Payment Request in G5.
End of Procedure. Remaining steps apply to other paths.
27. Note that Servicers will need to select a DUNS to proceed.
A Servicer may select a DUNS from either the Payee DUNS portlet on the My Portal
Home Page (as shown) or through the Create Payment Request screen.
Please refer to the Select Payee (Servicers) procedure for more information on how to
select a DUNS as a Servicer.
28. Click the Create Payments function to open the Create Payment Request screen.
Go to step 5 on page 1
29. Click in the Recipient Reference field to select and highlight the existing reference name.
30. The Recipient reference field is a free text field that is for your reference only.
Feel free to give it a name of something that will help distinguish this award from your
31. Enter the desired reference name into the Recipient Reference field.
Enter a valid value e.g. "Primary" or "PELSCIGRNT".
32. After entering the Recipient Reference names for your awards, click the Save Payee
Reference button to save the references entered.
33. In this demonstration, you have now successfully changed the Recipient Reference field.
Date Created: 11/8/2007 Page 3
The remaining steps of this procedure continue with the original Recipient Reference
Go to step 9 on page 2
Page 4 Date Created: 11/8/2007