“Toddler Time Bibs & Blanket”
Your little one may not be a “baby” anymore, so support your toddler’s
independence while still protecting their clothes. Embroider yo ur toddler’s favorite
sayings and exclamations on a generously sized bib using the Simplicity Toddler
Time pre-programmed memory card.
Skill Level: Beginner
Simplicity Sewing Machine
Simplicity Embroidery Machine
Simplicity “Toddler Time” embroidery card
Variety of embroidery thread colors
Water Soluble Stabilizer
Machine embroidery spray adhesive
2 spools Maxi-Lock thread
Sew-on hook and loop tape dots
One package double fold bias tape (Cotton, flannel, or fleece)
Simplicity Sewing Project: Toddler Time Bibs Page 1 of 4
One 16” x 25” terry cloth towel (Makes 2 bibs)
Pattern template (See last pages of instructions)
Or Baby bib blanks (VB02, VB06, VB07, VB11)
One yard 60” wide fleece
Water-soluble marking pen
1. Cut the towel in half yielding two 16” x 12-1/2” pieces.
2. Trace the bib pattern onto the towel front. Mark the center of the bib.
3. Place the cut-away stabilizer in the hoop. Lightly spray the stabilizer with
machine embroidery temporary adhesive.
4. Place the towel on the hoop centering according to the hoop and the bib
5. Lightly spray a piece of water-soluble stabilizer and position over the area
to be embroidered.
6. Insert the card into the machine and select the design.
7. Use the trial to check the positioning of the design. Adjusting the layout as
8. Embroider the design, using your preference of embroidery thread colors.
We used the following designs on our bibs.
Simplicity Sewing Project: Toddler Time Bibs Page 2 of 4
9. When the embroidery is complete, remove the towel from the hoop,
remove the excess stabilizer and trim any remaining jump threads.
10. Cut out the bib along the marking line.
11. Thread the Simplicity Sewing Machine with all-purpose thread.
12. Set the machine for a wide zigzag stitch.
13. Place the bias tape along the edge of the bib, so that it encases the raw
14. Stitch the bias tape along the edge.
15. Overlap the ends of the neck edge and attach one side of the hoop and
loop tape dot to each end.
1. Set the serger up for a three thread wide stitch with the wooly nylon in the
2. Curve the corners of the fleece.
3. Serge the edges of the fleece.
Optional Embroidery Design:
4. Hoop water-soluble stabilizer in the hoop and lightly spray with temporary
Simplicity Sewing Project: Toddler Time Bibs Page 3 of 4
5. Position the area to be embroidered (such as the corner) over the hoop
and stick in place.
6. Lightly spray another piece of water-soluble stabilizer and position it over
the top of the area to be embroidered.
7. Select a design and embroider it on the fleece, using your preference of
embroidery thread colors.
8. When the embroidery is complete, clip the remaining jump threads and
remove the excess stabilizer.
For other exciting projects like this one visit our Web site at
Simplicity Sewing Project: Toddler Time Bibs Page 4 of 4