CERTIFICATE SUPPLEMENT (*) SPAIN
1. TITLE OF THE CERTIFICATE (original language: ES)
TÉCNICO SUPERIOR EN EDUCACIÓN INFANTIL
2. TRANSLATED TITLE OF THE CERTIFICATE (language: EN)
ADVANCED EXPERT IN PREPRIMARY EDUCATION
This translation has no legal status
3. PROFILE OF SKILLS AND COMPETENCES
Programme and assess pre -primary care programmes and act as an educator, applying teaching and
learning methods that promote the autonomous development of children of 0 to 6 years, organizi ng the
This Expert will act, when appropriate, under the general supervision of a Bachelor and/or Diplomaed
1. Programme and assess children’s education and care programmes.
2. Prepare, develop and assess activities intended to develop the habit of autonomy and to provide for the
basic requirements of children.
3. Prepare, develop and assess formal and non -formal educational projects.
4. RANGE OF OCCUPATIONS ACCESSIBLE TO THE HOLDER OF THE CERTIFICATE
Occupations or jobs:
Children educator. Children animator.
* Possible specializations:
The specialization is determined by the three areas where the certificate holder may act: education, social
work and non-formal education.
(*) Explanatory note
This document is designed to provide additional information about the specified certificate and does not have any legal
status in itself. The format of the description is based on the following texts: Council Resolution 93/C 49/01 of 3
December 1992 on the transparency of qualifications, Council Resolution 96/C 224/04 of 15 July 1996 on the
transparency of vocational training certificates, and Recommendation 2001/613/EC of the European Parliament and of
the Council of 10 July 2001 on mobility within the Community for students, persons undergoing training, volunteers,
teachers and trainers.
The body awarding this Certificate Supplement may leave blank any box considered not to be applicable.
6. OFFICIAL BASIS OF THE CERTIFICATE
Name and status of the body awarding the Name and status of the national/regional
certificate authority providing accreditation/recognition of
MINISTERIO DE EDUCACIÓN, CULTURA Y the certificate
DEPORTE MINISTERIO DE EDUCACIÓN, CULTURA Y DEPORTE
(Central Government) COMPETENT BODY IN THE AUTONOMOUS
Level of the certificate in the awarding country Grading scale / Pass requirements
Advanced Vocational Training (CNED 51 H – Advanced Basic regulation of the Ministry of Education, Culture and
Specific Vocational Training and equivalents, Plastic Arts Sports of 21 July 1994.
and Design, and Sports) Occupational modules:
graded from 1 to 10 (5 is pass).
Training at work: pass / fail.
Continuous assessment system.
Access to next level of education/training International agreements
- Bachelor in Pedagogy.
- Bachelor in Psichology.
- Bachelor in Sociology.
- Teacher (all majors)
- Social Education Diplomaed Specialist.
- Nursery Diplomaed Specialist.
- Speech Therapy Diplomaed Specialist.
- Chiropody Diplomaed Specialist.
- Occupational Therapy Diplomaed Specialist.
- Social Work Diplomaed Specialist.
- Tourism Diplomaed Specialist.
General Organic Law of the Educational System 1/1990 of October 3, Organic Law 5/2002 of June 19 on
Qualifications and Vocational Training, Royal Decree 676/1993 of May 7, Royal Decree 777/1998 of April
ROYAL DECREE 2059/1995 of December 22 (BOE 22.02.96)
6. OFFICIALLY RECOGNISED WAYS OF ACQUIRING THE CERTIFICATE
Description of vocationa l education Percentage of total Duration
and training received programme (%) hours/weeks/months/years
* At Secondary Education Centres or approved training centres, including training modules of a theoretical-
practical nature and Training at Work.
- ANIMATION AND GROUP DYNAMICS
- PERSONAL AUTONOMY AND HEALTH
- COGNITIVE AND MOTOR DEVELOPMENT
- SOCIAL AND EMOTIONAL DEVELOPMENT AND FAMILY ACTION
- TEACHING IN CHILDREN EDUCATION
- EXPRESSION AND COMMUNICATION
- TRAINING AT WORK
- OCCUPATIONAL TRAINING AND GUIDANCE
- METHODOLOGY OF PLAY
* Recognized informal learning
Total duration of the education/ training leading to the 1700 hours
Begin in possession of the high school graduate or equivalent title in order to access to the high VET
courses. Being in possession of the entrance exam certificate
More information available at:
National reference point
INSTITUTO NACIONAL DE LAS CUALIFICACIONES. C/ Rafael Calvo 18. 28010 Madrid.