DR. PANDU RANGA REDDY CHILUKURI Information
I. BOOKS AUTHORED ONE
1. The Construction Industry in India, Classical Publishing Company, New
II. Research Papers Accepted for Publication: TWO
1. Development to through Special Economic Zones in India, Indian Journal of
Regional Science, Vol. 39, N0.2, 2007, Indian Regional Science Congress,
2. Development of Special Economic Zones in India and their Implications on
the Economy, National Seminar on Emerging Trends in Rural Economy,
9th – 11th Nov. 2007, Paper has been accepted for presentation and could be
Published in the Seminar Pre-volume.
III. Research Papers sent for publication : TWO
1. Special Economic Zones in India: An Empirical study, Manpower Journal,
Sent on 17-01-2007, National Institute of Applied Economic Manpower
Research, Planning Commission, Govt. of India, New Delhi
2. Special Economic Zones in Southern India, Southern Economist, sent on
31- 03- 2007, Bangalore.
IV.RESEARCH PAPERS PUBLISHED : EIGHTEEN
1. Role of Information Technologies in Economic Development, jointly with G.
Ratna Raju, presented in a Seminar on Futuristic Approach for
Communication Technologies, organized by Dept. of ECE and Center for
Technology Forecasting, during 25-26th Feb, 2000.
2. Energy Resources for Futuristic Multi-storied Building, jointly with R. Ravi
Prasad, in a seminar on Future Applications of Renewable Energy (FARE
1996) organized by Dept. of ECE and Center for Technology Forecasting.
3. Futurology – A Promising Branch of Science, Research Notes, Published by
Research Forum, Andhra University, Vol. II, No. 8, Nov 26, 1996,
4. Service Sector in Economic Development: An Empirical Study, The Indian
Journal of Labour Economics, Jointly with Dr.C.S.Murty, Vol. 38, No. 4, Oct-
Dec. 1995, PP 665-672.
5. Structure Of Industrialization and Urbanization in Visakhapatnam City,
Southern Economist, jointly with Dr.V. Pothana, Nov .,15,1992, PP.27-32.
6. Slums of Visakhapatnam , Problems and Policy Prescriptions, Journal Of
Regional Science, IIT Kharaghpur, Vol.24,no.2, 1992, jointly with Dr.V.
7. Impact of Urbanization And Industrialization on Migration – A Case Study of
Visakhapatnam City, Geographical Review Of India, voll.53, No.4,
8. Construction Industry And Economic Development: An Empirical Study, The
Indian Journal Of Economics, No. 285, Oct.,1991,Vol. L XXII, PP. 161-184.
9. Construction Industry in India, Nirnay, September-December, 1991, PP. 1-11.
10.Urbanization and Population Density: A case study of Visakhapatnam City, Civic
Affairs, Vol. 38, No. 7, Feb, 1991, PP. 19-24.
11.Importance of Construction activity during the plan period in India, Civic
Affairs;, Vol. 38, No. 6, Jan, 1991, PP. 17-24.
12.Impact of Core Areas on city growth and Development: A case study of
Visakhapatnam, Jointly with Dr. K.V. Mohan Kumar, Civic Affairs, Vol. 38, No.
10, May, 1991, PP. 27-32.
13.Process of Urbanization in Visakhapatnam City, Urban India, Jointly with Dr.
V. Pothana, Vol X, July-December, 1990, No.2, PP. 38-54.
14.Role of Construction Industry in Labour Absorption: An Empirical Study in
India, Manpower Journal, Institute of Applied Manpower Research, Planning
Commission, Govt. of India, Vol. XXVI, No.1, April-June, 1990, PP. 33-50.
15.Inter-relationship between Urbanization, Education and Unemployment: An
Empirical Study. Jointly with Dr. C.S. Mruthy, Nagarlok, Vol. XXII, Jan-March,
1990, No. 1, PP. 51-61.
16.Construction Workers, Yojana, Vol. 23, 1990, PP 28-29.
17.Urban Population Density Functions : A Review, Geographical Review of
India, Vol. 51, March, PP. 60-69.
18.Socio-Economic Characteristics of Construction workers in India, Civic Affairs;
December, 1990, Vol. 38, No.5, PP. 17-24.
V. Conferences and Workshops Attended : FIVE
1. Attended for two days Internal Quality Auditor Training based on ISO
9001:2000, Organized by TUV South Asia PVT. LTD and Andhra University
in School of Economics, on 19th 20 th October, 2006.
2. Participated in a Workshop Series on Varsity-Industry Symbiosis for a
New Technological Dawn, during 5-12th March, 2000 in Hotel Grand Bay,
Organized by College of Engineering, Andhra University, Visakhapatnam.
3 .Participated and presented a Research Paper on Role of Information
Technologies in Economic Development, jointly with G. Ratna Raju, in a
Seminar on Futuristic Approach for Communication Technologies organized by
Dept. of ECE and Center for Technology Forecasting, Andhra University,
during 25-26th Feb., 2000.
4. Participated in a workshop on Economics of Environment, during 14-17th
March, 1999, organized by School of Economics, Andhra University,
5.Participated and Presented a paper on Energy Resources for Futuristic
Multi- storied Building, jointly with R. Ravi Prasad, in a seminar on Future
Applications of Renewable Energy (FARE 1996) organized by Dept. of ECE
and Center for Technology Forecasting.
6. Participated and Presented a Research Paper on Service Sector in Economic
Development: An Empirical Study, Jointly with Dr. C.S. Murthy, in the 37th
Annual Conference of the Indian Society of Labour Economics, during 22-24th
Dec. 1995, held at Pondichery, Pondichery University.
VI. Refresher Courses and Faculty Improvement Programs Attended :
1. Faculty Up-gradation Program in Environmental Economics, organized by
Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, during Oct. 11-
Nov. 5th 1999, sponsored by the World Bank through the Ministry of
Environment and Forests, Govt. of India.
2. An Inter-disciplinary Refresher Course in Ecology and Environment,
organized by Academic Staff College, Andhra University, Visakhpatnam,
during 5-30th Dec. 1997.
3. Induction Training Course for newly recruited Lecturers in Engineering
College, Sponsored by of AICTE, organized by Academic Staff College,
Andhra University, Visakhpatnam, during May 22 to June 10th 1995.
4. A Refresher Course in Economics , 3 weeks ( 5-7-2002 to 26 -7-2002) Organized by the
Academic Staff College, Andhra University, Visakhapatnam .
VII. M. Tech Dissertations Guided : TEN
S. No. Year Name of the Student Title of the Project
1 2006 N. Srinivasa Rao Economic and Technical Implications
of River water supply
2 2005 G. Ratna Raju Forecasting Information with supply
3 2005 S. Lakhminarayana Reddy Automation of a Pharmaceutical
4 2004 K. Satish Forecasting of Overhead Transmission
5 2004 D.Saritha Automation of Rolling Mill Planning
6 2002 R. V. L. N. Prasad Trade Register and Inventory
7 2002 K. B. Srinadh Diffusion of Internet in the Global
8 1998 J Padmaja Rani Application of Forecasting
Techniques( In case of different
maintenance costs and Equipment)
9 1994 P.V. Sitamahalakshmi A case Study of Coramendal
Fertilizer IndustryFuture Trends,
10 1994 K. Rambabu Distribution Network in Fertilizer