CS1H04 Computer Systems Architecture
Personal Development Portfolio
Start of Course Section
• This section of your PDP is used to
• review your previous achievements, and
• to develop an action plan based on your
next phase of study.
• One important aspect is the use of feedback
to highlight your strengths and areas for
• There are 4 subsections in this file:
• Personal Details (tell Registry if change)
• Self Assessment
• Developing Skills and Attributes
• Curriculum Review and Planning (First Semester)
• The final 4th subsection should be completed by
the time you plan your second semester
programme of modules, halfway through your first
• In this section you should
• record your achievements, based on work or life
experience, skills or knowledge you obtained and
how these will help your study at university.
• Then, after considering the learning outcomes for
your chosen course,
• reflect on what needs to be done to meet them (a
kind of self audit).
Developing skills and attributes
• What are your skills and attributes you will
bring to the course you will be studying?
• Can you list five things you have done/
achieved/ experienced as a result of your
work or life experience?
• How will you be able to represent the skills
and attributes listed above on your CV?
• For each of the four core modules in the first
semester, write a short summary of their aims,
learning outcomes and assessment.
• Describe what you hope to learn, areas of interest
and what you may need to focus on in order to
pass the assessment in your action plan.
• You might mention who you will seek help from .