Student Union Board of Governors
Formal Meeting Minutes
Monday, January 25, 2010
I. CALL TO ORDER
Miguel Almodovar called the meeting to order at 4:05 p.m.
II. CORRECTIONS AND ACCEPTANCE OF THE MINUTES
Laura Osborne moved to accept the minutes from December 7, 2009; Parini Shah
seconded the motion and the minutes were accepted.
III. OPEN DISCUSSION
Sven Englund: Please email me your events so I can put them up.
VI. OLD BUSINESS
V. NEW BUSINESS
A. Prep #155 Mini Fish Tanks
Parini Shah moved to pass PREP #155 Mini Fish Tanks. Day; Eric Bouchard seconded
the motion and it was passed.
B. Prep #156 Women’s Herstory Month
Laura Osborne moved to pass PREP #156 Women’s Herstory Month; Priya Amin
seconded the motion and it was passed.
Miguel Almodovar- Welcome back to your second week of Spring Semester. Good job
with all of your preps last semester. Selection deadlines for the Executive board are
February 5th and Committee chairperson position deadlines are February 19 th. We also
will be talking a lot about transitioning soon!
B. VICE PRESIDENT/ Policy
Parini Shah- First Policy Council meeting will be this Wednesday the 27 th. We are doing
great! I am also working on an informational Policy packet.
C. VICE PRESIDENT/ Programming
Laura Osborne- I am really impressed with all the events we have planned for the
D. VICE PRESIDENT/ Outreach
Kristen Baer- Our first SUBOG Open House is tomorrow from 4-6 p.m. If someone
comes in please talk to them and let them know about SUBOG!
E. VICE PRESIDENT/ Finance and Administration
Lauren Albert- Not in attendance.
F. COMMITTEE REPORTS
1. Andrew Taylor (Sports Promotion)- Our first Roadshow was last week and it
went smoothly. One bus driver lost his key, but it was taken care of. Flag
football is tonight and Sunday for our SUBOG team. Celtics/Knicks game is
in a month!
2. David Chen (Travel)- Travel trips are all set and the posters are up. First trip
is to Clinton Outlets in a few weeks.
3. Eric Bouchard (Lecture)- I sent out the Facebook invite for Tedi Bruschi
today. Invite all of your friends!
4. Kathleen Solernou (Concert)- Not in attendance
5. Sara Helfrich (Major Weekends)- We are getting ready for Winter Weekend.
One Ton Sundae is February 12 th. I will be asking for volunteers soon.
6. Kristan Ingraham (Fine and Performing Arts)- Not in attendance
7. Diana Chouinard (Daytime Programming)- (Parini in for Diana) Stuff-a-Bear
is in two weeks. Please sign up to help. If you are not signed up to help
unfortunately, because of high demand, you will have to wait in line.
8. Caroline Wolfenden (Special Events)- There will be a Spa day February 24th!
9. Priya Amin (Film)- We had a good amount of people to show up for Zombie
10. Rohan Saxena (Advertising and Marketing)- My posters are done and I will
pick them up tomorrow. The tissues are also in the SUBOG office.
11. Sven Englun (PR & Info Media)- I am working on the calendar. I talked to
the Daily Campus about advertising on the Instant Daily. They are working
with us to do make it happen. They should get back to me by tomorrow.
12. Melissa Campoli (Comedy)- Ian Edwards went well except for some
complaints. John Oliver tickets go on sale Monday. The show is Friday
1. Jody Poth- Welcome Back!
2. Kevin Fahey- We have an awesome Spring Semester coming up. Promotion
is key! Get all your events to Sven so he can stay on top of the calendar.
Please spread the word about selection with your committees and friends.
Recruit people for your committee at the Involvement Fair as well as get
people to apply! Keep your spirits high for this semester and stay fully
3. Jess Gerum- Welcome Back!
4. Melissa Arroyo- Welcome Back!
VIII. POINTS TO THE GOOD OF THE ORDER
Laura Osborne moved to adjourn the meeting; Parini Shah seconded the motion and the
meeting was adjourned at 4:24 p.m.