LATEST ON THE BUSINESS PLAN PRESENTATION
4 May 2004
1. Please see the attachment titled “Aspects for Business Plan”. This was
circulated to you during the early weeks of the course by Mr. Daniel Tarka
and Mr. Danny Sondakh.
2. Deadline for submission of the Executive Summary is 4 pm on 5 May 2004.
Please submit as normal with the header sheet. All submissions must contain
the Header Sheet.
3. Word count: 2000 minimum and 3000 maximum
4. PEER GROUP ASSESSMENT: Please complete an assessment form and
hand it in to the Panel on 4 May 2004. These forms are available from outside
the Undergraduate School Office. This will influence the final allocation of
marks for individuals and will take into account the Business Plan
Presentation and the Executive Summary i.e. 30%
5. You will be expected to present for 10 minutes max. Q & A will follow for
about 10 minutes max. All members of the team should be ready to answer
any question posed by the panel.
6. Time slots will be available for your presentation from 16 March 2004. It is on
a first come first served basis.
7. All members of the team should be present at the presentation. Absence will
be deemed to indicate non-attendance at the assessment and will result in a fail
for that member.
8. Business Plan Presentation, 4 May 2004: The Panel will comprise
a. Dr. John Dodd, Director, Sittingbourne Innovation Centre
b. Dr. Kanes Rajah, Director, Centre for Entrepreneurship
c. Mr. Daniel Tarka, Researcher, Centre for Entrepreneurship
d. Mr. Danny Sondakh, Research Fellow Centre for Entrepreneurship
e. Mr. Paul Mercer, Area Corporate Director, Barclays Bank PLC,
Docklands & South London Medium Business
f. Mr. Brian Swindells, CEO, Utility Link PLC
For your information, the Panel will mark according to the following criteria:
i. Effectiveness of presentation – Process (10%)
ii. Content – Executive Summary (Evidence of one, actual or virtual)
- The “Opportunity”. Uniqueness. How did you arrive at it.
- Viability (e.g. Is the products viable? Strong management
- Financials (20%)
The 100% will represent the 10 marks allocated for the presentation.
Dr. K K Rajah Centre for Entrepreneurship
9 March 2004