Colliers International Job Description
Research & GIS Project Manager, Walnut Creek, CA
Position: Research & GIS Project Manager
Colliers International has an opening, for a Research & GIS Project Manager. The Research & GIS
Project Manager will be responsible for production of companywide GIS Services, supporting 12
offices in Northern CA and NV. GIS services are the core function of this job and include mapping,
retail demographic and aerial projects and analysis. The position will contribute GIS expertise and
market knowledge, to enhance the property database application. This position reports directly to the
Director of Research.
The ideal candidate will have 1-3 years experience, producing GIS related mapping, demographic
and aerial imagery projects. GIS experience with MapInfo and Claritas products or similar is required.
A college degree in Geography, a similar degree or training/work experience is required. Experience
working in a commercial brokerage real estate office or similar sales environment is required.
Extensive experience using MS Office work suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and
Powerpoint are required. Candidates must portray high degrees of integrity and attention to detail,
including strong written and interpersonal skills.
Business Objects Crystal Report software and report writing experience is a plus.
GIS related development experience, using Google Earth, API’s and creating Mashups, is a plus.
1. Complete GIS projects utilizing, MapInfo, iXpress, MapMarker & AirPhotoUSA imagery
2. Review GIS websites and periodicals for industry trends and new developments
3. Work closely with the Director of Research on companywide initiatives, including, IT
application development projects
4. Increase the awareness and usage of GIS services, companywide
5. Review, update and make office resource and continued education recommendations
6. Maintain an active role in the Colliers GIS User Group
To Apply: Send Resume, Cover Letter, Mapping Example and Salary Requirements by Email