GIANT EAGLE, INC.
OB DESCR PT ON
Job Title: RSC Safety Supervisor - COD
Cleveland / Youngstown Area
Shared Values and Expectations
Department: Health & Safety
Supervisor’s Title: Sr. Manager, RSC & All employees of Giant Eagle, Inc. are expected to
Transportation Safety pursue excellence based on the Company’s Statement
of Values. This includes Integrity, Safety and Health,
FLSA Status: Exempt Respect to Our Employees, Customer Commitment,
Full-time or Part-time: Full-time Service to the Community and Environment,
Accountability, and Continued Growth in Sales and
Salary Grade: 92 Profit.
Date of Last Revision: January 2009
Essential duties are those that list the major responsibilities of this position; additional duties include those which may be required of
the position. Other duties assigned may be requirements for flexibility in helping others for the company's overall benefit.
• Serve as the health & safety resource and point of contact for ASF and Tamarkin Company.
• Develop, coordinate, and implement management and employee safety training processes, including the creation of training
materials and presentation of training classes.
• Conduct on-site risk specific safety coaching and education.
• Conduct walk-through safety inspections and prevention assessments as assigned. Document and communicate findings.
• Perform scheduled safety audits to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations and company policies.
• Develop, review, and revise written safety programs as required.
• Communicate safety initiatives and plans with management. Participate in regularly scheduled meetings with RSC
• Provide guidance and support for the facility safety committees.
• Assist each facility in conducting incident investigations and analysis.
• Coordinate safety incentive and recognition programs.
• Lead the development and communication of RSC Safety Job Breakdowns.
• Update and test RSC emergency action plans and response plans, including hazmat activities.
• Manage the Process Safety Management and Risk Management programs for assigned locations
• Assist in OSHA investigations, as required.
• Provide safety support to assigned Retail locations.
• Conduct assigned Transportation Safety training and audits.
• Complete additional projects as assigned to meet corporate goals and objectives.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Interested candidates should submit a resume to email@example.com.
Please reference “BL – 20800 RSC Safety Supervisor” in the subject line.
GIANT EAGLE, INC.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
X High School or GED Equivalent
X Bachelor's Degree desired; Major: Health & Safety Management
Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Health & Safety Management and 4 years of Safety Management experience.
Supervisory Responsibility _ Yes X No
Travel Required? X Yes _ No Voluntary
Personal Computer Standard Office Equipment Automobile
Working knowledge of safety regulations. Planning/Organizing Interpersonal skills
Verbal/Written Communication Analytical skills
Valid Driver’s License PC Skills – Microsoft Office Basic Math skills
Working Conditions/Physical Effort
Travel to retail stores and other Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
GIANT EAGLE, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER