Life Principles will be the
is organizing a bus trip to the
March for Life
March For Life in Washington, D.C. again this year as we
• We hold these truths to be self-evident: That all continue our efforts to protect the right to life of each and
human beings are created equal and are endowed every innocent human being, born and preborn.
by their Creator with certain inalienable rights, Will you join us?
among which is the right to life; and therefore: The 14th Amendment protects the right of a “person” to
• The right to life of each human being shall be life and to the equal protection of the laws. In Roe v.
preserved and protected by every human being in Wade, the Supreme Court stated that if the personhood of
the society and by the society as a whole, and the unborn child were established, the pro-abortion case
• The life of each human being shall be preserved “collapses, for the fetus’ right to life is then guaranteed by
and protected from that human being’s biological the Amendment.”
beginning when the father’s sperm fertilizes the The Texas law challenged in Roe forbade abortion except
mother’s ovum, and
January 22, 2009
to save the life of the mother. The Roe Court asked: “But
• The life of each human being shall be preserved if the fetus is a person who is not to be deprived of life
and protected from the biological beginning without due process of law, and if the mother’s condition
throughout the natural continuum of that human is the sole determinant, does not the Texas exception ap-
being’s life by all available ordinary means and rea- pear to be out of line with the Amendment’s command?”
Dr. Charles Rice, Professor Emeritus
sonable efforts, and Notre Dame Law School
• The life of each human being shall be preserved
and protected at each stage of the life continuum Nellie Gray, main organizer of the D.C. March for Life, ar-
to the same extent as at each and every other gues that a 'pro-life' law is a bad law if it ends with the
stage regardless of state of health or condition of words, "and then you can kill the baby."
Any legislation that requires a waiting period, consent, an
• The life of each human being shall be preserved ultrasound, etc. implies that after these conditions are
and protected to the same extent as the life of each met the baby can be killed.
and every other human being regardless of state of
health or condition of dependency, and By carrying the banner below in every March For Life,
• When there is any doubt that there exists a hu- Right To Life of Kansas proclaims to the world that pro-life
man being’s life to preserve and protect, such Kansans will not condone any ‘legalized’ killing.
doubt shall be resolved in favor of the existence of
a human being, and
• When two or more human beings are in a situa-
tion in which their lives are mutually endangered,
all available ordinary means and reasonable efforts
shall be used to preserve and protect the life of
each and every human being so endangered:
Join us for the
• WHEREFORE, Pursuant to these Principles, we
recommend and urge the adoption of a Mandatory
Human Life Amendment to the Constitution of the
United States of America.
March for Life
Education and Defense Fund Right To Life of Kansas, Inc.
* Departure from Wichita from Village
Charters parking lot at 8620 W. 21st St.
* Pickup in Salina at Bosselman’s NAME
Travel Service on I-70
* Pickup in Topeka at Ramada Inn-
Downtown at 420 E. 6th St.
Stop at Hardee’s on the Turnpike ADDRESS
* Pickup in Kansas City at site TBD
Stay in Indianapolis, Indiana “America, you are beautiful indeed, and
* Please be at your stop 30 minutes ahead of time. blessed in so many ways… The ultimate test of
your greatness is the way you treat every
human being, but especially the weakest and
Arrival at Hyatt, Washington, D.C.
most defenseless ones… If you want equal
Vigil Mass at the national shrine (for
E-MAIL ADDRESS justice for all, and true freedom and lasting
those who wish to attend)
peace, then, America, defend life!”
Pope John Paul II
Visit Kansas Congressmen
Rally and March for Life
Rose Dinner (The optional cost to Enclosed:
attend is not included in your reservation fee.) ( ) 4 per room - $400 per person
( ) 3 per room - $460 per person
( ) 2 per room - $520 per person
Sightseeing (either on your own or ( ) Rose Dinner (optional) - $100 per person
on the bus with the group)
I cannot go this year but want to help someone with
a donation of $_____________.
Departure from Washington, D.C.
Stay in Effingham, Illinois (Holy
Mass for those who wish to attend) Mail to: Audrey Feldkamp
P.O. Box 1
Baileyville, KS 66404
Departure from Effingham, Illinois
(free continental-plus breakfast) Have questions?
Arrive home Call 785-336-6666 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org