Downloading Smart Notebook software :
Two sets of instructions follow, the first set is for your PC at work, the second set are
for downloading to your PC’s or macs at home, that do not belong to the university.
1) For your Staff desktop PC at Leeds Met
1) Ensure computer is powered on (for laptop users, connected to the dock and so to the
2) Open internet explorer
3) in the Address Bar type the letters VHD (no need for any 'www' or a full address) and press
enter (return) key
4) This should open up the Virtual Help Desk page
5) Select Software Updates (last menu item on left hand side)
6) Click on SmartBoard Notebook Software and select RUN, follow all prompts. This should
install Notebook software on your PC.
Additional support :
. If you have problems then please report these to 23427 where staff will be able to help you.
2) For PC's, Apple macs or Linux computers. AT HOME, not at work.
1) Go to http://www2.smarttech.com/st/en-US/Products/SMART+Board+software/
2) Select 30 day trial
3) Select which OS - Windows, Mac, or Linux (Windows for PC users, Mac for Apple Mac
4) Follow prompts
5) The software is limited to 30 days so you'll need to enter the following licence key during
that period: :