1673: Computer Networks and Data Communication
1) You want to send the message, M = 101011101 using a CRC with generator G =
101. What is the CRC value (R) that you append to M?
2) What does the MAC sublayer do?
3) Explain how a packet is transmitted from on computer to another that is
located on a different network connected by a bridge.
4) What entities are needed for the operation of Emulated LAN (ELAN)?
5) You have been allocated a TCP/IP address where the first three bits of the first
octet are 110 in binary. No subnetting of the network is required. What is the
maximum number of hosts that can be accommodated on this network?
6) What fields in the IPng header may be used to provide special handling by
IPng routers, such as non-default quality of service? How?